Dead bird infested with bees

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
This is the most bizarre thing, and I don't know how to handle it.

I have a dead bird in my back yard. Piper keeps wanting to go eat it, so I need to get rid of it, but when I get near it, all I see are hundreds of bees swarming through it. If I get too close, then come after me, as if in a defensive motion.

First off, is there such a thing as a carniverous bee? Second, how do I get rid of this bird?

wait till night...gallon of gasoline.....

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooompfffffffffff

wait until evening and hit it with a can of wasp/bee killer

Not bees. Wasps or hornets. Bees don't go after garbage.

Like Bob says. You stand back 30 feet and hit them with the wasp killer like with a flame thrower. Keep Piper away. They'll be dead in an hour. Any soldiers out on patrol will come back wondering where everybody went.

wait till night...gallon of gasoline.....

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooompfffffffffff

LOL - takes care of the bird too.

My neighbor had a bee / wasp nest in the chimney and hired a guy to take care of it.

I noticed him up a ladder listening / looking for the nest.

Then I hear some clanking - he is taking out a brick.

I'm sitting in the kitchen and I here the "Whooomp" sound. WHAT???

I look out, and there is the guy up the ladder, smoke coming out the hole where the brick was removed. At this point I decide to watch. After a minute he looks in the hole, points a can of starting fluid into the hole, sprays for several seconds, ducks down and tosses in a match. Whoooooomp.

A couple more repeats and he replaces the brick.

The bees were gone.

When I was a mechanic, we used brake cleaner. No need to light it on fire, the brake cleaner pretty much melted their frail bodies in short order.

The wasps have a tendency of nesting in my grill. I have a simple solution - turn the grill on. That gets rid of them pretty quick. :D

Nik Bizarro

Nick, I gotta hand it to ya, you have some of the most wonderful yet bizarre stories. I do believe you, indeed truth is stranger than fiction.

Hmmm I've used carb cleaner for similar purposes. I like Berryman B-12 here is the MSDS. It's lovely stuff.

I wondered why I always buy more brake cleaner in the summer.

Kevin

Back