DE21, Delaware West airport...Any info?

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by 737737, Mar 16, 2019 at 10:34 PM.

1. 737737

737737 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    I’ve looked around and tried to find information about this airport for the past year or so, without luck.

The short version is it’s the closest airport to the in-laws, and we spend a lot of time in the area over the summer, so I’d love to be able to use the airport. I’ve called the published numbers in Foreflight and the AFD, driven out there, posted online... no luck.

It looks like it hasn’t been used in a while, but the runway is still there, and has a concrete ramp.

So, does anyone know anything about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks...

2. NealRomeoGolf

NealRomeoGolf Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    NRG
    Looks like a guy's personal airport/landing strip. You left messages at the two numbers?

3. catmandu

catmandu Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    Catmandu
    I once tried to do the PPR thing there when dealing with a machine shop in Bethany. Same lack of response. A little Google-Fu found Mr. West passed away in 2016, pretty sure that ended operations there. Strip looked sketchy when I took a look.

4. NealRomeoGolf

NealRomeoGolf Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    NRG
  5. 737737

737737 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Yeah, I found that as well. I was hoping someone might know of more info. The hangar and ramp are still there, and the area around the runway is being farmed, but the runway is not being farmed...or cut. I’ve tried the phone numbers to no avail. I’d sure be willing to have the runway cut if I could use it. My fmIly spends the summer in the area, and it would be really, really convenient.