DD flashlight at night rule?

If “or equivalent” was supposed to be “equivalent or better”, they should have said so

nit picking, I know

We couldn’t expect the FAA to specify light output, throw distance or any other values that have been used to rate flashlights for the past 20 years. They probably still think that Ray-O-Vac is the leading manufacturer of flashlights.
Ooof. Just think if they had specified the old 6V Ray-O-Vac battery lanterns instead!

But at $6.99, they are cheaper than a Maglite.

d351575a-2a30-4c9c-aeb9-0627b6095626

I can't believe they still make those
I can't believe they can make a profit at $7 for a flashlight, big ol' battery, bulb, overhead, and shipping from China to Podunk, Iowa.

I can't believe they can make a profit at $7 for a flashlight, big ol' battery, bulb, overhead, and shipping from China to Podunk, Iowa.
It's incandescent. They're probably selling at close to cost to have more of a market for those batteries. And it might make a descent conversion to LED.

The LED version would be the equivalent of the Sun. :D
I was kinda of thinking of going the other way. Put a little 20mA LED in it for enough light to walk around with, and it should last about a week on one battery.

Remember radio shack 5 D flashlights and battery club? Grey plastic flashlights.

Yep, had one. As fast as it ate batteries, the battery of the month card made sure it only worked a couple times a year.

Back