@DB Cooper: You can come out now ...

Pilawt

Final Approach
Santa Rosita State Park, under the big 'W'
Display Name

Display name:
Pilawt
The coast is clear. The Feds gave up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/12/fbi-no-longer-actively-investigating-db-cooper-case.html

Somewhere out there ...

IMG_2074.JPG

I watched both of the specials on the History channel Sunday and Monday night. Pretty disappointing after 4 hours of watching the documentary, they're not any closer to solving it, like they hyped it up in the previews. Personally, Richard McCoy seems to be the most probable of them all.

Does the History Channel still run any programming about history ... ? o_O
:rofl: This was an exception. Very interesting special, it must have been to keep me watching both of the 2 hour segments.

Couldn't charge him.

I dont think he can be called a 'fugitive from justice' until he is ID'd. caught and charged. THEN flees and is a fugitive.

:rofl: This was an exception. Very interesting special, it must have been to keep me watching both of the 2 hour segments.
I watched it as well, I was hoping for something more conclusive at the end. I guess it's like the shows about the Loch Ness monster, they never seem to catch him, but they keep making shows about it! ;)

He got away with it. They never found his body. They found some of the money. Its a mystery. It will probably never be solved. It will forever be a legend. The legend of DB Cooper.

Statute of limitations?

They covered the "Secret Indictment" which precludes the time out of the statute of limitations in the show. I may have dreamed that as I was dozing a couple of times. Rackstraw did seem like quite a character. Somone needs to do a movie about his life.

18 U.S.C. § 3290 - Fugitives from justice
"No statute of limitations shall extend to any person fleeing from justice."
Wouldn't he have to be convicted to flee from "justice"?

Yes, but people from here met Henning. No one knew who CP was.

Yes, but people from here met Henning. No one knew who CP was.

Dave Siciliano was pretty sure he met CP once at a bank. As I recall him telling me the story, some individual saw something that identified Dave as having been in the military (I forget what, might've been NFCU or something like that) and started a conversation. After a bit, Dave started questioning the guy down a path of trying to find out if he was CP, and said guy very quickly ended the conversation and ran off.

Dave Siciliano was pretty sure he met CP once at a bank. As I recall him telling me the story, some individual saw something that identified Dave as having been in the military (I forget what, might've been NFCU or something like that) and started a conversation. After a bit, Dave started questioning the guy down a path of trying to find out if he was CP, and said guy very quickly ended the conversation and ran off.

Ran off you say? Just like DB Cooper. Hmmmmm.....

I fear DB was disguised as critter-poop a few days after he burned in; it' be cool if he really puled it off, but pretty sure it's a romantic notion, but the reality is probably grim. Then again, maybe this is just disinformation and I'm DB. . .salted the forest with some bills, etc. ..

I watched it as well, I was hoping for something more conclusive at the end. I guess it's like the shows about the Loch Ness monster, they never seem to catch him, but they keep making shows about it! ;)

Me too, when they showed the picture of Rackstraw to the FO and flight attendant at the end, the previews really hyped that up, all to get a "nope that doesn't look like the guy". :confused2:

Back