Dayton Aviation (Ohio)

tcepilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
tcepilot
Who all is in the area and what do you fly? Also I saw three planes at the moraine airpark earlier today around 8pm. Two cub style airplanes one red and one yellow. I also saw a biplane, I think it was white. Anyone on this forum?

There are a few Dayton natives around here, myself included. I rent 172s out of MGY. You'll see all sorts of neat stuff over at Moraine - had a really fun experience driving on I-75 as what looked to be a Pitts was coming in to land over the highway.

There are a few Dayton natives around here, myself included. I rent 172s out of MGY. You'll see all sorts of neat stuff over at Moraine - had a really fun experience driving on I-75 as what looked to be a Pitts was coming in to land over the highway.
I saw one today! Same place too

I'm a native of Dayton, but live in Seattle now. Used to love to go to Moraine Airpark as a kid, just to see what was there.

I was based out of Moraine for a few years, and hope to be going back at some point. I'll be moving back to Dayton next month, but won't be moving to the airport until the RV-10 is almost done. There's a bunch of Waco folks in the big red brick building. They're friendly, and always seem to be doing fun stuff in the summer. In general, Moraine is just a fun place to do airplane stuff without all of the pretentious airplane types you find at some other airports.

I'm based there but I don't fly GA. About all I see is multiple bogeys on TCAS. :D

Who all is in the area and what do you fly? Also I saw three planes at the moraine airpark earlier today around 8pm. Two cub style airplanes one red and one yellow. I also saw a biplane, I think it was white. Anyone on this forum?

Not sure how I missed this one, other than recovering from the 4th of july festivities still :D (then, not now)

I was the yellow airplane out there. did lots of flying that day! Stop on out anytime you see somebody around, its a pretty friendly bunch!

Not sure how I missed this one, other than recovering from the 4th of july festivities still :D (then, not now)

I was the yellow airplane out there. did lots of flying that day! Stop on out anytime you see somebody around, its a pretty friendly bunch!
I'm late on the reply but I saw ya!

I spend a lot of time in the Dayton area for work. Any recommendations on where I could occasionally rent a plane (dual)? I would just like to do an occasional flight when I am in the area.

I spend a lot of time in the Dayton area for work. Any recommendations on where I could occasionally rent a plane (dual)? I would just like to do an occasional flight when I am in the area.

Moraine Airpark may still have aircraft for rent. I flew out of there once in a 1950's Cessna with my brother, but it was quite a few years ago....probably around 1990 or so.

Moraine Airpark may still have aircraft for rent. I flew out of there once in a 1950's Cessna with my brother, but it was quite a few years ago....probably around 1990 or so.

They do! It's run by beaver valley aviation

-VanDy

Another place to rent is MacAir Aviation at I19 or Aviation Sales at MGY.

Cheers

Last edited:
I was based out of Moraine for a few years, and hope to be going back at some point. I'll be moving back to Dayton next month, but won't be moving to the airport until the RV-10 is almost done. There's a bunch of Waco folks in the big red brick building. They're friendly, and always seem to be doing fun stuff in the summer. In general, Moraine is just a fun place to do airplane stuff without all of the pretentious airplane types you find at some other airports.

You will like the 10.

I fly out of I19 with MacAir. There is the $30 monthly membership, but if you fly once or twice a month you still beat the costs of the other flight schools in the area.

Back