Days Like These

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Yesterday I flew to my 1st 99's meeting. I was late for the meeting because I had to do a go around. Thats ok though. The winds and turbulence were vicious. (At least to me they were) When I left HRJ to go back to JNX the winds were 260 @ 11 gusting 17. Came back and landed no problem. That trip took me 1.3 hours. JNX - HRJ is only like 19.3 miles apart. Ok so I had some time on the ground waiting for glider hook up and tows.

I came back to JNX and picked up my friend. We flew out to EWN and he flew the Seminole down there. MUCH FUN!!!!! Then we did some chandelles on the way back to JNX just for fun.

When I went to pay the bill a guy at the flight school congratulated me on passing my checkride 2 months ago. (Has it been that long already?) After congratulating me a CFI told his daugher (who is 9 yrs old) that I was a pilot coming back from a cross country. Her eyes were as big as saucers. I made sure to tell her that girls are pilots too and told her about the 99's and Women In Aviation. I also told her to apply for aviation scholarships when she started flight training. Hopefully the 3 of us can go flying sometime soon.

I ended up having 4 crosswind landings yesterday. GO ME!!!!!! :)

What a great day.

Sounds like a fun day, B. Way to expand your envelope!

Ahhh.... those crosswind Gods

As Nick said, sounds like a fun day. Always nice to provide that "girls can do anything too" role model. I'm sure the look was priceless.....

Rub it in Brook!

It was a perfect winter weekend to fly a bit windy but streight down the runway at Williamsport, however the cards were stacked agianst me.

1) The Archer is still getting it's new engine
2) The Cessna was squaked w/ multiple issues, the only grounding on was fixed but...
3) I've officially been a pilot 2 years now and had my BFR cancled twice by weather and yesterday because the instructor had things come up. : ( (It was going to be in his plane instead of the club planes so the brokeness wouldn't have mattered)

Flightlessly,
Missa

Back