Day trips from KECP

Chrisgoesflying

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Chrisgoesflying
I'm in the Panama City area for the winter. What are some nice day trips (as in, out in the morning, back in the evening, no more than 2 hours of flying in a Cherokee 140 one way) from here? Also, what would be some nice weekend trips (as in, out Friday afternoon and back Monday afternoon, no more than 4 hours of flying in a Cherokee 140 one way). I do have a few weekend trip destinations in mind already so the day trip suggestions are more important. Ideally, the day trip destinations are walkable (for food and some sights) or have reliable access to a courtesy car to borrow for a couple of hours, grab some lunch and some pleasant walking paths to walk the dog.

Collegedale, TN (FGU). We have all of those things! Fabulous restaurants, green spaces for recreation and a courtesy vehicle. Plus, being just outside of Chattanooga, there are even more awesome local attractions about 20 minutes away. We are the ideal place to visit in Southeast Tennessee!

Come on up and ask for Ryan!

Cedar Key fits the bill for either in and out or weekend…just be on your short field game.
Island is very dog friendly.
Golf carts easily available or a short walk KCDK to downtown.

Collegedale, TN (FGU). We have all of those things! Fabulous restaurants, green spaces for recreation and a courtesy vehicle. Plus, being just outside of Chattanooga, there are even more awesome local attractions about 20 minutes away. We are the ideal place to visit in Southeast Tennessee!

Come on up and ask for Ryan!

That sounds nice. Definitely a possibility when we're northbound to go back to Canada in the spring. I should have added the requirement of "destination has to be as far south or further south as PCB". I'm trying to avoid winter down here. Tennessee might be a bit too cold for a winter weekend getaway.

Cedar Key fits the bill for either in and out or weekend…just be on your short field game.
Island is very dog friendly.
Golf carts easily available or a short walk KCDK to downtown.

I had this one on my radar until I saw the runway is way under 3,000 ft long. That's my current minimum but having seen photos and the fact it's an island airstrip, it's certainly super enticing.

That sounds nice. Definitely a possibility when we're northbound to go back to Canada in the spring. I should have added the requirement of "destination has to be as far south or further south as PCB". I'm trying to avoid winter down here. Tennessee might be a bit too cold for a winter weekend getaway.

I had this one on my radar until I saw the runway is way under 3,000 ft long. That's my current minimum but having seen photos and the fact it's an island airstrip, it's certainly super enticing.
If I can supply further info or contacts at CK let me know- it’s a special place.

Back