Day trip suggestions? mid-Atlantic

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
My lovely bride wants to fly on Black Friday. We are looking for good eats, shops to stroll through and fun flying.

Giving some thoughts to the shops in cape may nj and giving some thought to Williamsburg va. BTDT for st michaels so that's out.

Any suggestions???

My lovely bride wants to fly on Black Friday. We are looking for good eats, shops to stroll through and fun flying.

Giving some thoughts to the shops in cape may nj and giving some thought to Williamsburg va. BTDT for st michaels so that's out.

Any suggestions???

I live in Williamsburg. Let me know if you need any ideas.

Williamsburg is nice. From Wilmington, also consider Montauk and a walk on the beach, or Luray and a trip underground.

We did Williamsburg last year. A quick cab ride gets you downtown. She'll have plenty of shopping she can do there.

You could fly into my home airport W29 and get a cab ride to the queenstown outlets. Maybe a 10 minute ride. Every outlet store you can think of.

Last edited:
We decided on Cape May NJ. Great day flying, for me, and a fun day shopping for the ladies. We tried out Georges Place, a restaurant we saw on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Good food and service, we would go back. The Washington Street Shops were busy but not crowded which made for a nice day out in the sun.

Cape May trip

Back