Dawn over Kitty Hawk

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
I just finished reading Dawn over Kitty Hawk by Walter J. Boyne. It is a fictionalized account of Wilbur and Orville Wright's efforts to achieve controllable flight. The author is a pilot with over 5,000 hours of flight time in the U. S. Air Force, and his interest in flying comes through. The characters include, in addition to the whole Wright family, Octave Chanute, Alexander Graham Bell, Albert Blohm, Samuel Langley, and Augustus Herring.

http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Over-Kit...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245134084&sr=8-1

It's available to the first person to PM me with their address (or to Leslie, if she PM's or calls me before I mail it :))

Bump. Any interest in this?

(And for the new folks, the PoA book club is a free lending library for members of PoA. I (or someone) offers up a book. Someone else expresses interest, sends me the address, and I ship it off free of charge. The recipient is responsible for: Reading the book; writing a little sentence or so in the front of the book; and offering it up to the next person. The cycle repeats.)

Last edited:
Yeah, it'll be easier for me to deliver it in person! :) It's yours.

Back