David Clarks And Bose

polock4life

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
andy
Hey I know this is my first post here, and on most boards it is frowned upon to try and sell an item w/out an background. I will give out both my personal cell and home number upon request. I am just trying to find the most useful place to sell these.

I have two sets of David Clark H 10-76's. One set is near new with what is known as the comfort kit. It has hardly been used at all, and works flawlessly. This headset is about 1-2 years old, but I wore the older one more to keep this one nice.
SDC15844.jpg

SDC15845.jpg

SDC15846.jpg

SDC15847.jpg

SDC15848.jpg

The second, is 2 years older. It does have an intermittent microphone which is a simple fix w/ a replacement mic from DC or a little wire maintenance knowledge. I no longer have time/equipment to fix this myself or I would. I am a full time student again w/ a new house and wife, I'm sure some of you can relate.
SDC15849.jpg

SDC15850.jpg

SDC15851.jpg

SDC15852.jpg

SDC15853.jpg

Finally I have a set of noise canceling Bose headsets. They as well work flawlessly when last used. I have a picture showing that the noise canceling portion still works and lights up as it should.
SDC15854.jpg

SDC15855.jpg

SDC15856.jpg

SDC15865.jpg

I am taking offers on each of these devices. I know the equivalent brand new bose models go for near $1k. These are not new, so I don't expect anything near that, but don't insult me either. I know that the DC's require an adapter that can be had for around $50 for some civilian aircraft and will take that into consideration for offers on a headset that costs $270 new.

Andrew

Does the 317th Aviation Maintenance Squadron know you are selling their headsets?

These were a personal tool that were issued to me. The one etching that is visible is the 317th. Another pair was a personal tool from another unit, and same with the Bose.

My name was laser etched in both headsets from the units. Which they were received. My employee number and name are both on here that are proof in this.

If I am still doing something wrong, please let me know. These are my personal property, but the last thing I want to do is something that breaks the law.

I have since separated from AD Air Force and have no use for these personal tools as I do not want to pursue a career in the aviation field.

I would have appreciated you sending me a PM before you try and make me out to be a thief. That was pretty low.

I would have appreciated you sending me a PM before you try and make me out to be a thief. That was pretty low.

Although I don't have many posts here, I'm not trying to sell something either.

Coming to this or any other forum for no other reason than to sell your "stuff", I should hope that any apparent issues would be brought up by cautious forum members. Your attitude stinks.

My attitude does not stink. Rather than making me look like a thief, I could have received a PM and made a perfectly clear post.

I made it clear in my initial post w/ no attitude. However after what I was accused of, I was frustrated. It's not me being a jerk.

I should have included the info initially, but I had no idea someone would think I was selling stolen goods, it just never crossed my mind. I appreciate the concerns and do not want to offend any forum members.

The attitude of assuming I was selling someone else's property was the wrong comment to make. That poster assumed I was selling something that didn't belong to me without even asking. It was the manner in which the poster delivered it, not what info he may have wanted, but that's not what he asked. He called me a thief.

Any and all ?'s can and will be answered about this equipment. I came here to sell the equipment before ebay, because I thought people here could appreciate it. If I am still doing something wrong, I will gladly take the ad down, but as far as I know it is not wrong to sell my belongings.

Last edited:
Although I don't have many posts here, I'm not trying to sell something either.

Coming to this or any other forum for no other reason than to sell your "stuff", I should hope that any apparent issues would be brought up by cautious forum members. Your attitude stinks.

Not trying to be an ass but,....

1) Did it ever cross your mind that this individual may be getting out of flying?
2)Sorry, It makes perfectly good sense why this guy would come here to sell this sort of items and to imply that they are stolen is not cool. PERIOD.

IMHO, I think it's best to PM someone first if a question/problem exists, rather than slander someone that you don't know in an open forum.

Last edited:
Chill out guys. The OP is using Classifieds for its intended purpose. He seems to have given an adequate explanation of the etchings on the headsets. If you have an issue then just don't purchase them.

Chill out guys. The OP is using Classifieds for its intended purpose. He seems to have given an adequate explanation of the etchings on the headsets. If you have an issue then just don't purchase them.

AMEN!

Thank you for the posts guys, I was hoping after the first response I wasn't coming on to a a hostile board. Some of the forums out there are just like that and I understand that, but I'd rather just not deal with it.

If there is still concern, I can show you my ID which matches the name etched on the headset. The headset must be marked according the Quality Assurance Regs. which are Unit, Name, And Man #.

I greatly appreciate you guys seeing my reaction/point of view. If interested please make an offer, as these are just collecting dust in our new home.

Since the Bose headset you have is the military impedence type, it won't work in most GA aircraft without replacing the cordset, which is about $200 from bose. I know because I bought one from a friend a few months ago and had to buy the cord to get it to work correctly.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36657

Also, Bose just released a "new" version of these headsets a few months ago, and this style dropped in price to about $500 to $600 used (with the right cordset). I'd say you should be able to get $300 to $400 for it pretty quick since someone will have to replace the cord for $200.

Just FYI.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I thought they needed an adapter, but was not 100%. I did not want to put any false info out there, so I figured the interested party would research this first.

I saw the cordset was closer to $100, but it probably wasn't from Bose where I found it.

However thanks for the reply, unfortunately no one seems to be interested. They will just continue to take up space in the closet.

Edit: just saw SteveR payed $85 for his cord.

Well, I am wanting to buy a new toy, so I'm offering all 3 of the headsets for $550...

conversion cords can be found all over the net for under $100

Back