David Clark Pro-x speaker issues.

crash7

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Crash7
I had a pair of X-11's that I really liked. Cables started going bad. Called DC and they said they wouldn't repair due to age, but accepted as partial trade in on sexy new Pro-X ANR.

Fine. Worked ok for a few months. Then the speaker on the mic side lost 90% volume. Since this style is HEAVILY dependent on ANR, it got loud.

Sent back to DC. They "repaired" and sent back. Basically they switched the problem. Now the non-mic side speaker was crap. Ugh.

Sent back again. After two weeks, got it back with ZERO affect. I've tried in multiple aircraft. Very ****ed.

DC said they'd take them back and send me the new DC ONE-X ANR (back to over the ear vs ON ear). Is it worth trying? Looks like the same battery/Bluetooth thing my junk Pro-X uses. I'd like to try, but fear this new style will just have the same problem. I'd like Bluetooth but wonder if I should stick with more standard H10-13X.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it were up to me, I'd give the ONEx's a shot, especially if they're offering them for free. Would be better than having a set that doesn't function correctly and those ONEx's look pretty nice. Id take them over the Pro-x. Maybe I just didn't find the "sweet spot" but I didn't think the over ear DC Pro-x were that great.

Back