David Clark GA plugs

Jaminky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jaminky
I bought a dc h10-13.4 and it won’t work In my plane.The when I pull the mic plug in and out slowly it will work for a second than quit again.The mic plug looks different than my old headset(an old sky tech or something which hasn’t caused any problems).My instructor uses a light speed with no problems so idk if it’s the plane or not,and I did try the DC on both sets of intercom jacks.So my question is,is there different types of jacks for dual plugs?Or is my refurbished headset not working?I didn’t check it with another airplane yet…..thanks for any ideas

Maybe some photos of both your headsets' plugs would be helpful?

I have three DC headsets (two H10-13.4s and another model I don't recall offhand) and a couple of QT Halos. All five have plugs that look and act pretty much identical(ly). The fact that your DC plugs look different seems suspect to me.

If you decide your jacks are not the problem, one easy thing to try would be to spritz some Deoxit in the jacks and then [insert/spin around/remove/repeat] the plugs and see if that helps any.

I had a problem with my A20 when i took it from de back of my closet after 3y of no GA flying.
The plugs looked a bit oxidized so i just took a scrubbing sponge and went over the plugs till they where shiny again and that solved the problem for me.

I had a similar issue where Zulus worked fine in my plane but One-X did not. It was a problem with the jacks.

Thanks!Ill give that a try.I can try to post some pics tonight,I’m going to the airport to mess with it.I’m pretty sure they are the standard DC plugs but they have an extra “step-in”a little back from the tip while my old plug is straight at that location.(Clear as mud)

Ding dong it was my jacks in the airplane.I bent the contacts out a little and bingo.Thanks for your help

Yeah, that 'ball end' phono plug style I've seen on some older headsets is kinda funky. I had it on an old DC 10-80. Modern plugs are straight with a clipped-off conical tip.

C.

Back