Davey Jones Dead at 66

Good grief. A friend and I were talking about The Monkeys the other night and watched one of the shows.

I thought he went down with his locker.

For some reason I find his death odd. I don't know why as he certainly was 66, and people die a lot younger.

A bit unusual to die of a coronary at that age, as there is by then lots of collateral circulation. However, anyone can die at any age. Heath Ledger, River Phoenix, Michael Jackson, and lots of others have died younger.

We saw him at a concert 5 years ago and he kept a 1.5 hour show going non-stop.

He certainly had far more energy than any 60 year old I'd ever encountered....

He was a good bloke.

My wife told me he was dead. I didn't believe her...then I saw her face. Now I'm a believer.

If they cremate his remains this weekend will there be another Pleasant Valley Sunday .... charcoal burning everywhere? :confused:

Pleasant Valley Sunday and Stepping Stone were my two favorites. I especially liked The Sex Pistols re-make of Stepping Stone. Check it out.

So will the flags fly at half mast, and have a 4 hour tv special

Pleasant Valley Sunday and Stepping Stone were my two favorites. I especially liked The Sex Pistols re-make of Stepping Stone. Check it out.

Actually, the Monkees did remarkably well for a group of guys who were not musicians when they were hired for the show. Not that anyone would accuse them of having become virtuosos after they were hired, mind you; but they still managed to put out some good music.

-Rich

Actually, the Monkees did remarkably well for a group of guys who were not musicians when they were hired for the show. Not that anyone would accuse them of having become virtuosos after they were hired, mind you; but they still managed to put out some good music.

-Rich

I know, I liked a bunch of their stuff, and I applaud them for learning the intruments and playing the songs so they could tour. Well, hey, its rock and roll, so like you said, not Yo Yo Ma level stuff.

I generally preferred the songs Mickey Dolenz would sing.

I think it's hilarious how the Monkees were derided as the "prefab four" yet they were way ahead of time, as nearly every new "artist" is now a "prefab."

I know, I liked a bunch of their stuff, and I applaud them for learning the intruments and playing the songs so they could tour. Well, hey, its rock and roll, so like you said, not Yo Yo Ma level stuff.

I generally preferred the songs Mickey Dolenz would sing.

Agreed.

Back then, about the only thought I gave them was that with enough money, you can accomplish most anything.

John

Back