Database updates Garmin 430 (non waas)

flynboy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flynboy
I feel very challenged. I recently purchased a plane with a 530w and a 430(non w). I can't find a way to update the navigation data on the 430. The only options it gives me on the garmin aviation website is for the terrain and obstacles. Help?

For the G430/G530, you want to be looking at Jeppenen for database subscriptions.

Jeppesen updates you use the same reader but will need two subscriptions.

I have the same setup. I use Garmin data for my G530W, which requires the Garmin card reader. I recently updated my G430 with a one-time Jeppesen navdata purchase (after seven years). It required a Jeppesen card reader (which fortunately I inherited from the previous owner.) As noted by others the Jepp site is VERY difficult to navigate. I'm glad I only had to spend literally a couple of hours just this once.

I found the "easy button" for navigating the Jeppesen site. Call their sales number to buy the sub, then have them transfer you to their tech support and allow them to walk you through the steps. Bookmark the "devices" page once you get there. The Jeppesen people were very friendly and eager to help.

I found the "easy button" for navigating the Jeppesen site. Call their sales number to buy the sub, then have them transfer you to their tech support and allow them to walk you through the steps. Bookmark the "devices" page once you get there. The Jeppesen people were very friendly and eager to help.

but that would involve talking to people... defeats the purpose of having everything on their website in the first place. i have no idea why they made it so complex. i have a page bookmarked too once i found out, but it was a tedious task. thankfully i am sticking with garmin flight charts and will never have to navigate their mess

Back