Dash Camera

1600vw

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
H.A.S.
I am looking at purchasing one of these for friends and family this year for Christmas.

I would like to keep cost low but get a quality unit. Any idea's? I have looked and the price of these range from 30 bucks all the way to hundreds of dollars.

What do you use?

Tony

I know a guy who bought one for use in FL. Another driver ended up causing an accident and his camera was vital in showing what really happened.

While we're on the subject, I wonder how one of these would perform recording a flight from in cockpit vs using a GoPro?

Of course no audio capture, but there are plenty of options for that too.

While we're on the subject, I wonder how one of these would perform recording a flight from in cockpit vs using a GoPro?

Of course no audio capture, but there are plenty of options for that too.

Doubt it's going to be post/youtube worthy quality.

Think of cop car dash cam vs HD, high frame rate, action camera.

I'd say two different animals.

I have a low-end one from Amazon. I paid less than $20 for it a year ago and it works great. The only down side is that the cycle time is 3 minutes.

Doubt it's going to be post/youtube worthy quality.

Think of cop car dash cam vs HD, high frame rate, action camera.

I'd say two different animals.

While they're certainly no GoPro, I think you'd be surprised at the quality of some of them nowadays. The resolution is there, but the contrast certainly isn't quite yet. But for just getting some video for you to look at without trying to cut a movie out of it, they'll do the trick.

Do you speak Russian? Evidently that's a dash cam requirement.

Reverse that. Russian (trucks) are required to have dash cams.

Based one the multitudes of videos of scumbags jumping into stopped cars, I would have one in any case.

Who knew that Russia went so capitalist they have phoney personal injury lawsuits (and insurance claims?)

On the upside, the dashcams were why we had so many live shots of the impressive meteor strike.

Back