Dangerous guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
..not really a fair comparison
(A) OP and poster know a thing or two about aviation while immediate family does not

(B) people immediately surrounding a dangerous or abusive person generally find some way to rationalize it. How many people stay in abusive relationships.. "you don't really know him" or "he can be so sweet when he's nice" or "he's a complicated person" .. F that. If you lay a hand on a spouse or family member you lose all respect. Plus, if this guy is on psychotropic drugs he ought to be nowhere near a plane.

this isn't really the norm. I've been flying for 22 years and have been reported exactly zero times. I've also never reported anyone, for what it's worth. But I can understand why OP, and general consensus here, is to step up in this case.

Depends on where, what and how much you fly for reporter harassment frequency

I stand by if it’s not enough of a concern to publicly own the accusation, best to keep it to oneself.

If it is as clear cut as the first post made it, everyone will thank him and it will be a slam dunk for the authorities

This isn't narcing on someone for failing to disclose they smoked a joint when they were 15. This is someone who is potentially a danger to themselves and others because they have previously been a danger to themselves and others. Absolutely report this anonymously and don't think twice.

"Oh, he just needs a purpose"

No, he needs his arse kicked for laying a finger on his wife.

"Oh, he just needs a purpose"

No, he needs his arse kicked for laying a finger on his wife.

The problem is he is mental, he would blame his beating on the wife. The psychosis hospitalizations and the violent behavior just doesn't bode well for a good outcome. I think the route the OP has elected to take is probably best. This sounds like a tragic accident may be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back