Dang! I'm in Heat, Again

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
That Florida plane I had someone view, and then an A&P/IA do a pre-buy, has some serious issues which might - or might not - be negotiable. So, as I was contemplating, out of the blue came the bird pictured below. 15 years newer than the other, change from C-150G to C-152-II with its Lycoming 0-235; and 30 miles from where I live. The 66 yr. old seller only bought it last Fall, got soloed in it; not pleased with his own progress(coupled with a wife who'd rather be in their sail boat); so, it's for sale. January '05 annual done by same party who's done three for me, and was the seller's CFI. High time engine, but has been very well maintained. Yup; went to see it today, looked closely; took my own pictures. The photos below are from last Fall when it was in Connecticut.
Interesting.

HR

Dude.

That may be the nicest-looking 152 I have seen for a long time.

Price right?

SCCutler said:
Dude.

That may be the nicest-looking 152 I have seen for a long time.

Price right?

Yeah; she looks good. Via the most recent annual(01/05), at where she now sits, the Logs indicated that there had been consistent replacement of a lot of little things such as hinges or other seemingly low-key items; oil changes every 25 hours for years. The prop is, as described to me, "a long prop, similar to what's on taildraggers"(didn't mean much to ME); that the original prop(McCauley) had a recurring annual AD, but someone replaced it with a Sensenich(sp?) and that got rid of the yearly headache.

Advertised sell price: 23.5k; A & P(also the seller's CFI who got him soloed) thinks that in view of the owner's dissatisfaction with his own progress(and a wife who would rather be on their sailboat) the price may be negotiable. The seller also has for sale a yellow Thunderbird ultralight for which I'll go back and get the photo and post in an Edit of this.

HR

Last edited:
RogerT said:
What kind of issues did the Florida one have?

Roger: I'll FORWARD you the e-mail I received from the A&P/IA who did the Pre-buy inspection. Mike K. did a super job(thanks for your reference) of a "neutral" party viewing. The A&P/IA sent me a line listing of 16 concerns, five of which he considered to be potential deal busters. Perhaps they might be negotiable; I haven't contacted the seller, yet.

One item was that the prop has a beanie on it. That's OK for certain serial # runs; however, that serial # requires a spinner. Hence, it's not legal with a beanie. Thought was that the ferry pilot could -- a long shot here -- make a fuel stop; and if some authority were to see the beanie(d)prop the plane could be grounded. I (we) would certainly not be looking for another "Bill Greenberg" stranding affair. There were several issues which the A&P/IA said if he had done its last annual he would not have returned it to service without corrective measures. And he had worked on the seller's other plane, though not this one. FOLKS: Pre-buy(s) are a solid value.

HR

Back