Dancing with clouds

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I got to drag my feet in the clouds last week, and I had the video camera along for it... A beautiful flight:

Great Video. I need to get back on the IR track so I can experience this as well.

great video (while on mute for the music) only kidding just not my taste in music

Thanks folks!

Interior shots were from the Canon HV20, the outside shots were from my iPhone (3GS).

And Denny, I didn't put a ton of thought into the music - It was flying music that was the correct length for what I needed - But how can you not like High Flight? ;)

As Forrest G. would say, "I like it a LOT."

So . . . is it still OK for us steam gauge-ers to post our mere less-than-cool videos? ;)

Last edited:
And Denny, I didn't put a ton of thought into the music - It was flying music that was the correct length for what I needed - But how can you not like High Flight? ;)

Hey, as long it wasn't ABBA or Taylor Swift, it's "all good", as the kiddies would say. :thumbsup:

As Forrest G. would say, "I like it a LOT."

Excellent. :thumbsup:

So . . . is it still OK for us steam gauge-ers to post our mere less-than-cool videos? ;)

Definitely. And I'd have made the video if I was on steam gauges too. The clouds were the cool part. :yes:

Can I steal the quote in your sig? I like that one!

Hey, as long it wasn't ABBA or Taylor Swift, it's "all good", as the kiddies would say. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Can I steal the quote in your sig? I like that one!

Steal away. I heard or read something similar awhile back. Not sure who or where.

I've been meaning to change it to something funny. Probably a quote from Clint Eastwood or Mark Wohlberg. ;)

great video (while on mute for the music) only kidding just not my taste in music
Haha, the music wasn't that bad, it could have been "Danger Zone". :D

I had never heard a musical version of High Flight before.

There are those who "get it," and those who do not.

Kent - you get it.

And yes, I do hug my airplane, quite regularly.

And I was staying at 2500' all the way yesterday watching those clouds 500' above me and thinking "is it time to turn around or land at the nearest airport?" :). That made me seriously consider getting instrumental rating ASAP.
Nice video. Thanks for sharing!

And I was staying at 2500' all the way yesterday watching those clouds 500' above me and thinking "is it time to turn around or land at the nearest airport?" :). That made me seriously consider getting instrumental rating ASAP.
Nice video. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome... And I do recommend the IR! It's been a very useful rating, and there are so many cool sights you get to see up there in and above the clouds...

Nice! And, I liked the music :yes:

What app did you use on the iPad for writing like that directly onto it.. I think that's pretty nifty also

What app did you use on the iPad for writing like that directly onto it.. I think that's pretty nifty also

That's the "scratchpad" button on Foreflight. I like (and use) it too! :)

There are others out there (probably even free ones) that are stand-alone Apps for scribbling on the iPad with a finger, but having it inside Foreflight is nice. I scribble ATIS and other things on it.

Nice! And, I liked the music :yes:

Thanks! The music is from Duane O'Brien's "Song Pilot" album - LOTS of other good stuff on there too. :yes:

Nate's got it:

That's the "scratchpad" button on Foreflight. I like (and use) it too! :)

Everything that you see on the iPad is in ForeFlight:

* If you look at the shot starting at 1:13, that's the airport info for OSH - I put the OSH ATIS frequency in the backup for com2 prior to takeoff.
* At 5:09, you see the plate for the ILS 36 approach into KOSH. If you look REALLY close, you can see a little blue airplane on the plate opposite the procedure turn barb.

What you can't see - Even with the G1000 there, I did use the IFR enroute charts in climb and cruise. Also, I used the airport diagrams for both KMSN and KOSH for taxiing - You hear them offer me B3 or B4 for takeoff from KMSN and I had to look up to be sure of what was what. I also got a really wacky taxi clearance from OSH tower - I was expecting a "turn right when able, contact ground" and a start from taxiway A. Instead, I stayed with tower and got "Taxi via A1, runway 31, B1 to NewView." That's about as efficient a taxi route as you can get coming from runway 36 since I was going to one of the hangars in the group near B1. I sure couldn't visualize it until I had the diagram up, though.

I did use one thing on the iPad that wasn't in ForeFlight: A PDF of my checklist in GoodReader.

Back