Dallas Tracon in the (bad) news again...

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
FAA admits coverup of safety issues: link

Washington Post said:
Federal Aviation Administration managers covered up mistakes made by air traffic controllers at a Texas facility, making it more difficult for authorities to detect safety hazards in some of the nation's busiest airspace, FAA officials disclosed yesterday.

FAA officials yesterday revealed the results of the Texas investigation, which centered on how supervisors misreported errors at a control center that handles thousands of airplanes arriving and departing daily from airports in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.

The Department of Transportation's Inspector General found that managers at the facility were reclassifying errors caused by controllers as mistakes made by pilots,

Wiat a minute. I thought Anne Whiteman WAS in charge of the facility.....

What it is about the FAA in Dallas? The FSDO wasn't S(afety)ing and ATC wasn't C(ontrol)'ing?

According to the WSJ article, some congresscritters are calling for Sabatini's resignation (or firing)....

A tracon controller works across the street from me. He said this whole thing is NOT what it appears to be (which doesn't really surprise me). There's political stuff going on here.

A tracon controller works across the street from me. He said this whole thing is NOT what it appears to be (which doesn't really surprise me). There's political stuff going on here.

POLITICS? Involving ATC and the FAA? Getouttatown!
:rolleyes:

I love the "Whaddwe do? I know, let's blame the pilots!" attitude. Nice.

A friend of mine who also works at the DFW TRACON also says that things are not as reported and that the changes that have been made are definitely not making things safer. They also lost a whole bunch of experienced controllers who qualified for retirement but chose to work anyway. When the BS got too thick then they just pulled the trigger and left. A lot of her claims were just pure BS from the get go, so I'm told.

Sad to hear all this, as I am very pleased with the professional service we get from our controllers here at Regional.

Back