Dallas Texas Meetups?

JetHikingGypsy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JetHikingGypsy
Hi everyone! I hitched a flight to Dallas area (state #18 on my attempt to reach all 50 see JetHiking.com for more info on my year-long project) and will be here for a few days. I am trying to get together with local pilots here since there are so many of you!

There is an AOPA convention on Wednesday..any takers or suggestions on other meetups? Shoot me an e-mail JetHikingGypsy@gmail.com
Wed, Jan 23, 2013 - 7pm – 9PM
Addison Conf. & Theatre Centre
15650 Addison Road
Addison, TX 75001

Hi everyone! I hitched a flight to Dallas area (state #18 on my attempt to reach all 50 see JetHiking.com for more info on my year-long project) and will be here for a few days. I am trying to get together with local pilots here since there are so many of you!

There is an AOPA convention on Wednesday..any takers or suggestions on other meetups? Shoot me an e-mail JetHikingGypsy@gmail.com
Wed, Jan 23, 2013 - 7pm – 9PM
Addison Conf. & Theatre Centre
15650 Addison Road
Addison, TX 75001

Sorry I will miss you. The airplane's going to Addison tomorrow but not with me in it. :dunno:

Me and another from this board are planning to be at the Addison Event.

@Everskyward: Remind me what company affords the opportunity to be in our neck of the woods so frequently.

AggieMike88;1075846. @Everskyward: Remind me what company affords the opportunity to be in our neck of the woods so frequently.[/QUOTE said:
She can tell ya......... but then she would have to kill ya..;):lol:

The answer is easy. She flies for a 135 air carrier. Their business is to take people where they want to go using an airplane to do it. From time to time, some of them want to come to TX.

She can tell ya......... but then she would have to kill ya..;):lol:

The answer is easy. She flies for a 135 air carrier. Their business is to take people where they want to go using an airplane to do it. From time to time, some of them want to come to TX.

Why would anyone want to do that? :D

This winter has been playing nice as well!

What date/event are you speaking of, David?

(PS, since you're flying all over Texas so much, perhaps we need to give you some mail and parcels to deliver :D )

The night of the AOPA thing. I'm down for a different night though. I'd much rather eat a dead cow than go to some AOPA thing.

Don't over-sell it. More of the rust belters will move down here and hangar rent will go up. And whatever you do, don't tell them that there's no state income tax.

This winter has been playing nice as well!

It is *possible* I may be able to get to the AOPA thing, but barely on time or maybe a little late, as I have a parent teacher thing at son's school at 6:30. It is, however, reasonably close.

Try to figger it out tomorrow...

If you are still there tomorrow (Thursday) come visit us at MillionAir!

Well, I went the AOPA event and left Dallas for a couple days..but am coming back Monday :)

Well, I went the AOPA event and left Dallas for a couple days..but am coming back Monday :)

Alright, last time, I was precluded from doing anything because of a mandatory school function for my son. Booked today, Austin tomorrow, maybe we can try to put something together for Wednesday?

Also, Amber, Walt Meziere has a Super Bowl party out at his airport / home / Magic Fun Place on Sunday, if your travel plans allow you to stick around that long. See: http://www.t14airport.com/home.htm

Walt puts on an amazing party, and you might enjoy seeing how someone can take a piece of land and make an airport home out of it. Pretty remarkable, lots of fun.

I jumped ship and went to Austin :) I'm kicking it here for a bit.

If anyone is going to be around Saturday evening...

That is, in Addison, not Austin.

Possibility. Got any place in mind?

Someplace close to KADS? There are a ton of places.

Also, this it not set in stone. I almost tried to set something up a couple weekends ago and I'm glad I didn't because we ended up spending the night in Idaho instead of Texas. :dunno:

Back