Dallas pilots

muddy00

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
muddy00
Anyone from around the Dallas area, I'm working on my instrument rating but am interested in heading south for a few days and building some time where the weather is warm. Anyone know of or recommend a Cfii or company that would be willing to do something say maybe 10-15 hours of training ? I'm already about 20 hours of dual/ hood time.

Thanks guys. Sent messages to both. Brandon is booked. Waiting on Mike.

Brandon is good.... But popular.

I can also recommend a Denton based instructor who is good, and very affordable. Used to be a DPE for US Aviation (did my PPL ride with him).

And if you want to do your checkride down here, I can highly recommend Dale Williamson, who I did my checkride with.

If you stay in/around Denton, let us know so we can keep you company.

Last edited:
If you want to go to KRBD, there is an instructor named Mischa who many recommend. Unfortunately I don't know which school he runs or his contact info.

Who do you recommend in Denton ? 20 degrees and 5" of snow I'm done with this weather

Yes. We're not due for winter accumulation for until mid-february. And this year, it's looking to be a mild winter.

We are currently getting overnight freezing temps, but it's warming up to the 50's by afternoon. Right now, KDTO is MVFR with 1600ft ceilings, but we've had severe CAVU days recently too.

If we do get any winter precip, it's usually just rain. And the local humor is if the NWS sneezes and accidentally presses the "forecast includes ice" button, we react by shutting down the entire state.

When are you planning your trip?

I'm pretty flexible after this weekend. So between then and end of February

Not covered in your original message was if you are bringing an aircraft with you. If not, that can change some of our recommendations.

I would prefer to probably rent if available 172 or archer

Not having an aircraft of your own might knock Brandon Ayers out of the mix... I'm not sure his 172 is IFR.

But, add MarcAir Aviaiton, based at 52F, as a possibility. Especially if you can get Gilbert Barth as an instructor.

If you go there, just watch out for low flying Volvo SUV's that don't check the approach path before crossing. :D :D

hqdefault.jpg

Back