Dallas Get Together Possibilities

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I'll be in Dallas for a couple of weeks starting March 2. Staying near DFW at the Staybridge Suites. Anybody around during that time? I'm not sure what my schedule will allow, but I hope there's a chance for a get together.

I'll be in Dallas for a couple of weeks starting March 2. Staying near DFW at the Staybridge Suites. Anybody around during that time? I'm not sure what my schedule will allow, but I hope there's a chance for a get together.
Don't forget the Heart of Texas LSA show the weekend of the 7th and 8th. It's in Bryan, a 3-hour drive or so from DFW (or an hour's flight).

Lance: I'm here and would love to link up. May have some business stuff going, but should be able to break free. If you're here that long, let me know when you can break free. If you can get up in the Addison area, I could make time almost whenever. If you want to link up somewhere else, give me a bit of lead time.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
As with Dave, I'll be around. I work over that way, too, so keep in touch with me--I could even break away for lunch with a little advance notice. I think you have my cell number, but will PM it to you just in case. Are you flying into Arlington (KGKY) again?

I expect we'll fly commercial, since school and hotel are right at DFW. Don't know when they let the inmates out, so lunch, dinner, anything, something; I'll just have to see.

My vote is dinner at Cozymel's one evening in at Grapevine Mills Mall. Very close to D/FW and good Tex/Mex, but I'm open to whatever. Sounds like we may be able to link up more than once.

Best,

Dave

My vote is dinner at Cozymel's one evening in at Grapevine Mills Mall. Very close to D/FW and good Tex/Mex
But, but, that's a chain!:yikes: We have one here in the Chicago area! I've heard it mentioned, but never tried it. Maybe I will now!

My vote is dinner at Cozymel's one evening in at Grapevine Mills Mall. Very close to D/FW and good Tex/Mex, but I'm open to whatever. Sounds like we may be able to link up more than once.

Best,

Dave

Another good option, also nearby the airport, newly opened and specializing in Texas food made from LOCALLY sourced ingredients, is "Cadillac Ranch", but I'm open to whatever.

http://www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com

weekend option is a possibility for me. only a 5 hr drive, much shorter flight if i can get some cash flowing.

I'm always up for a git-together.

But, but, that's a chain!:yikes: We have one here in the Chicago area! I've heard it mentioned, but never tried it. Maybe I will now!

It is a chain, and some are much better than others. The one here in Grapevine is very good--for a chain. It's also near the airport which is a good place to meet.

Best,

Dave

My vote always goes to Texas Land & Cattle. TXLC smoked sirloin, rare. Mmm... :D

Lance, it just occurred to me what you're in Dallas for. Have fun! :yes:

My vote always goes to Texas Land & Cattle. TXLC smoked sirloin, rare. Mmm... :D

Lance, it just occurred to me what you're in Dallas for. Have fun! :yes:
Thanks. Me thinks I'm going to be, let's say, severely challenged. But I'll study hard and do my best. That's all I can do.
And while I'm there have a good dinner or two with Texas friends.:yesnod:

Count me in unless it's this weekend.

I'm out the next two weekends. Off to ski, then work. Sorry, enjoy without me.

I'd expect you to be fed from the firehose, but I'm sure you'll do well at it.

Make sure to do a write-up, I want to know what it's like! (living vicariously ;) )

Back