Dallas/Fort Worth AME recommendation

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Was time to renew my 3rd class medical, and a call to my usual AME revealed he'd retired since my last visit. They referred me to Sr. Aviation Medical Examiner Dr. William H. Krass, and I had my visit with him today (and passed, whoo-hoo!).

Thought I'd throw out a plug for him for anybody in the DFW area looking for a great AME. He and his staff were friendly, efficient, and fantastic; the office is dedicated to aviation medicine (their practice is called DFW Aerospace International Medicine Clinic) and is nicely decorated with aviation "stuff".

I called for an appointment last week, and was seen nearly immediately--my last AME had at least a 3-week waiting list because he was also an internist and only had certain appointment slots open for AME work / FAA physicals.

Dr. Krass is a former pilot himself (owned a Mooney with a couple other physicians), black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and does international volunteer humanitarian medical work overseas.

He also was sure to mention that he is also certified to do CAA medical exams for pilots from Canada!!

He originally built this stand-alone practice when multiple airlines were based in the DFW area, but so many have gone out of business, merged, or moved, that he's no longer busy enough with just 1st class medicals for commercial pilots, and is taking GA pilots too.

$90 cash / check, and a very pleasant experience... give him a try!

Dr. William H. Krass
1609 Circle Lane
Bedford TX 76022-6746

phone: 817-282-0274
email: dockrass@msn.com

Dr. Krass is a former pilot himself ...

He also was sure to mention that he is also certified to do CAA medical exams for pilots from Canada!!

Don't tell me he lost his medical! :eek:

Seriously, I'll eventually use my tickets to pick up a Canadian license, and will keep him in mind (Canada medical and an ICC are required).

Yeah but krass is pretty expensive and only takes cash... :/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back