Daley reelected? Vote NO early and often!

lancefisher said:
I voted no but I suspect that with less than 100 votes counted so far the survey might not be totally representative of the Chicago voting population.
The patronage army will be a little slow on the uptake. Tomorrow all of the supervisors will order them to go vote for duh mare.

I'm one of them thar born-agin Christians. I do indeed believe in the resurrection of the dead. For duh Mare, the dead will rise again. And again. And again. And again...

Oh, well...

I think even Jesse Jackson, Jr. would be a better choice than him, although you'd really be going from one idiot to another.

Mike - why don't you run? Or get someone there to run who isn't an idiot.

mikea said:
Would you like to see Mayor Daley reelected?
:D

On Thursday, June 22, Chicago mayoral candidate Bill "Dock" Walls appeared on the local Chicago public television station and said: "My first act as mayor will be to reopen Meigs Field."
When pressed on why Meigs would top his agenda, Walls replied,
"Because that was the night democracy died in Chicago."

CFABC_democracy_died_button-small.jpg

Having lived in the area and the City before and during Da Mahr's reign, I can tell you that there is definitely only one real political position in the City that matters (two, if we presume that Maggie behaves like every other American wife). It's reprehensible and it would be good to see the reign end for that reason.

But, and I almost shudder to say this...a longtime friend who moved away 15 years ago is in town visiting this week, and as we were walking around downtown she commented on how the City seems so much cleaner and vibrant now than it did then. And, on reflection, I agree with this, though I didn't notice myself before then (maybe I was so close to the changed environment).

I don't know if you can credit Richie with any of this change, but there certainly has been one that roughly coincides with his term.

Anyway, Democracy died long before the day Meigs was closed. It's just that this action was such a clear indicator of the arrogant power City Hall had already assumed.

Back