DA40-180 w/G1000 panel

mpartovi

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mpartovi
All I have to say is...WOW.

Flew our FBOS brand new DA40-180 w/G1000 panel last night. This plane is incredible!!! Only 26 hours on the tach!

I was amazed at how super-duper easy this plane is to fly. Winds were 180 @08; 10SM; OVC 1800. We stayed in the patter alil and it started clearing up...so we decided to climb. With two average sized people we were climbing over 1000f/m. Cruise was at about 145TAS. And I really cant get over the view it gives and how easy it was to land! The G1000 was very nice as well. If you've ever used the G430/530...it'll be a cinch. It didn't take much time for me to get used to the panel and the new scan pattern. It holds a wealth of information...and it'll take a little time for me to be able to use all of it the way its meant to be used.

Gonna be filing IFR tonight to Rockford for a nice Cross Country to get my night checkout and my IPC out of the way. Hopefully get some pics up here.

Very excited!:goofy:

mpartovi said:
All I have to say is...WOW.

Flew our FBOS brand new DA40-180 w/G1000 panel last night. This plane is incredible!!! Only 26 hours on the tach! Very excited!:goofy:

Sounds great, what are they charging you for the DA40?

Normally its $138/hr wet for club members...but they're doin Fly 3 pay for 2 hr. for february which works out to be about $92/hr wet.

Its Saaawweeeet.

Price per tach hour if you're not a member is $170 wet.

mpartovi said:
Fly 3 pay for 2 hr. for february which works out to be about $92/hr wet.

Its Saaawweeeet.

I'll say. I've inspected a DA40 quite closely, but haven't flown one. The other club in town has one, I need to con an intro flight in that bird sometime.

mpartovi said:
Normally its $138/hr wet for club members...but they're doin Fly 3 pay for 2 hr. for february which works out to be about $92/hr wet.

Its Saaawweeeet.

Price per tach hour if you're not a member is $170 wet.

How does one become a member? Is it just block time, or is there an initiation fee? Info online anywhere? My CFII and I may split some G1000 time; $46/hr apiece for an airplane like that isn't a deal that comes along very often! :no:

The DA40 is a sweet airplane and the G1000 is amazing. *drool* *lust*

Back