DA-40 XLS power settings

david0tey

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Fox-Three
I just got checked out in the 40 and it is by far the nicest flying airplane I have ever flown. I realize the POH is the best place to look for this information but I just wanted to ask the experts who know their stuff. What prop and throttle settings do you use for climb, cruise, and descent?

:lol: Yes, but if I wanted to fly it like I owned it, what then?

With Powerflow? I fly mine somewhere between 9,000 and 15,000 feet here in the rockies and with a headwind, when I want to go fast, I'm at 2450 RPM (supposedly the RPM that maximizes the Powerflow) and leaned to where I have two cylinders >1,400 and 2 < 1,400 and CHTs < 365. With a tailwind, I'll pull back the RPMs to as low as 2250 and lean with the EGTs about 100 degrees hotter. Mine has a hard time running lean of peak but at the power settings at these altitudes, there is no red box / fin. I'm always wide open throttle in cruise.

I have always been faster than the POH but if I use those settings I pretty much get the same thing as what I said above.

You can go to diamondaviators.net and see power settings used by people who have uploaded their G1000 data.

Back