D21/DTW TRACON Phone #?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Looked on the FAA.gov site and can't find it.

Have a Lifeline flight to/from PA tomorrow. Crossing Canada so I've got to file, and my route takes me right through the Bravo. Looking for a number to call to see whether they want me to remain clear, go over DXO or another or what? Coming back I'm into a satellite, so they no choice on that one.

Thanks, I saw that site referenced before, but saw the login/register and didn't scroll all the way to the bottom!

I have 800 499 8181 written down, but I can't guarantee it - try before you fly.

also, dunnow how current this is because I ain't never tried
"From the north or northwest the class B sits in your way. VFR clearance through the airspace is often rated with biblical miracles. But there is a way. The innovative controllers at Metro have an unofficial flyway known as ‘The Cage’. Plan to be over the Salem VOR at 3,500 and contact approach on 118.95 giving them your location, altitude, destination and request to fly ‘The Cage’. Sounding good on the radio will improve your chances for approval. When approved vectors and altitude changes will be given right to Grosse Ile (ONZ)"

I have 800 499 8181 written down, but I can't guarantee it - try before you fly.
Can't guarantee it either because it's been 4 years - but that's the one in my cellphone contacts and the one that was posted on the board at KVLL. Try it first to make sure, but good chance it is still valid.

I'm already going to be IFR out of 9D9 and up to 9000, so the SVM/3500 probably wont' work. Ah, a little note on Airnav...

FOR CD WHEN ATCT IS CLSD CTC DETROIT APCH AT 800-499-8181.

I just found the same number in a ForeFlight comment for KVLL from a month ago. I think you're good. :thumbsup:

Snippet From Conversation:

"If direct I'll be 4 north of Salem and then right over Young/City"

"Just file direct, we'll work with you"

"Alright Thanks!!"

Back