CVR but no FDR in BE350 at Addison?

Steegie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Steegie
Just wondering. Local news channel said the Cockpit Voice recorder was recovered intact, but the airplane purportedly didn't have a Flight Data Recorder onboard. Don't know what the reg's say when to have one or the other or both. Anybody up on stuff like this?

I believe 6-9 pax requires a CVR and 10 or more requires the addition of FDR. I think the BE350 standard config has 9 in the back...but don’t quote me on that.

I believe 6-9 pax requires a CVR and 10 or more requires the addition of FDR. I think the BE350 standard config has 9 in the back...but don’t quote me on that.

This has got my curiosity up. Think I'll try to find it in the reg's. Thanks.

Don't quote me either, and this is just off the top of my head, but back when I flew for a company that had B-99s, they had 2 pilots carrying 10 folks, CVR but no FDR. I believe, but may be wrong that at the time the FDR was not required for turbine planes carrying 10 passengers or less.

I think Velocity's got it right. Check out 91.609.

135 moves the threshold down to 6 pax and two pilots, if required by TCDS or operational rules like broke autopilot, for all turbine powered aircraft.

Standard is 8 pax seats, two crew seats. Some airplanes have jump seats for two more pax in the baggage compartment but that is rare.

Back