Custom novelty flight wings

TDKendall

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TDKendall
I recieved an email this morning bringing up a good idea for a promotional item. I had considered it prior to this but recieving this email sort of validated my idea so I thought I'd try and dig deeper.

We're interested in finding a supplier of novelty flight wings to 1. give to those who take their "first flight" with us and would recieve the wings with their "First Flight" certificate 2. children who fly on our air tours and 3. on the counter in the pilot store for sale as FBO novelty items.

Google isn't providing much in the way of leads and the only custom flight wings I've been able to locate are companies that custom create actual pilot wings for airline companies.

Anyone have any ideas where we may locate such a supplier?

TDKendall said:
I recieved an email this morning bringing up a good idea for a promotional item. I had considered it prior to this but recieving this email sort of validated my idea so I thought I'd try and dig deeper.

We're interested in finding a supplier of novelty flight wings to 1. give to those who take their "first flight" with us and would recieve the wings with their "First Flight" certificate 2. children who fly on our air tours and 3. on the counter in the pilot store for sale as FBO novelty items.

Google isn't providing much in the way of leads and the only custom flight wings I've been able to locate are companies that custom create actual pilot wings for airline companies.

This might be a good place to start for custom orders and stock items:

Toll free: 866-860-8842
Fax #: 866-851-8842
http://www.perfectpatches.com
sales@perfectpatches.com
Please visit our other web sites at:
http://www.tradingpinsdirect.com
http://www.lapelpinsuperstore.com

TDKendall said:

This is a real good item for an FBO, my fight school had little ASA wings that I bought when I took my 4 year old niece on a flight. They were ok but kinda cheesy but she ADORES them.

I was thinking about taking my nephew up this weekend and the FBO I've been flying at lately doesn't have any so I picked up this cool Red, Blue and Yellow soft pair from Pontiac Air Center at PTK when I was there last week. I didn't get to take him over the weekend so I still have the wings, when I get home I'll see if I can get the manufactures name off the package. You should also try to find a nicer set but these are perfect for the under 5yrs old crowd.

Missa

I'm checking with our EAA director,the other year when one of or member died he had wings and gave everyone one . I'll let you know where he got them Dave G.

I've had good luck with these folks.

What I gave out to "first flights" is a pin of the aircraft they flew in; in my case a Piper Cherokee. They were now officially an "Order of the Cherokee" member.

I also have my "airshow hat" (Piper, of course!) with a pin for every aircraft type I've flown. A small collection, but one I'm proud of none the less.

http://www.semperfimac.net/

TDKendall said:

That's a great idea!
Believe it or not, I still have the little pair of plastic "United" wings that they gave me on a United Airlines flight I took as an unaccompanied minor. I was around 11 or 12, I think. I treasured them! I've still got them in a drawer somewhere.

--Kath

kath said:
That's a great idea!
Believe it or not, I still have the little pair of plastic "United" wings that they gave me on a United Airlines flight I took as an unaccompanied minor. I was around 11 or 12, I think. I treasured them! I've still got them in a drawer somewhere.

--Kath

I used to have some from Eastern Airlines that I got as a kid. DC-6.

I wish I still had them, probably worth a penny or two.

TDKendall said:

How about something like these. Not bad looking for the price.
http://www.soldiercity.com/search-e...ate_id/1202/keyword/pilot+wings/campaign/usaf

Don

Edit: I just noticed there are 3 pages of them on the above link, lots to choose from.

Last edited:
kath said:
That's a great idea!

Those are the kind of wings I'm looking for. Just can't find a supplier. I've found a supplier of decent quality metal wings that match the company logo really well, just no plastic ones. There are a few plastic ones available on the previously posted links so I'll probably go with one of those if need be. Here's the logo on a pair of wings that we've chosen.

Well TD i like them, Dave G
P.S. when you get them i'll take a pair (thanks)

Shipoke said:
Well TD i like them, Dave G
P.S. when you get them i'll take a pair (thanks)
I'll gladly get you a pair once I find a supplier. You'll have to come out and visit sometime, too...but not to get the wings. I'll mail'em to you! :)

TDKendall said:
I'll gladly get you a pair once I find a supplier. You'll have to come out and visit sometime, too...but not to get the wings. I'll mail'em to you! :)

Well, when the weather gets better (next summer :D ) I'll have to pop over from OLM and see you.

TDKendall said:
Bingo! Now to get a quote. Thanks for the link, by the way.

Let me know when you get them, I would like to buy one for my collection. Maybe POA will order some for us to purchase.:yes:

Back