Cussed YT ad tricks

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
In the last two weeks, many YT vids I watch have non-skippable ads before them which self-pause when you look at a new window (email or web browser).
So, you cannot skip the ad. And you cannot go look at something interesting while it plays out, then come back.
I know they need their income streams but it's aggravating enough to search for a hack or to find a YT replacement!
How does the site know when you open a new window?

Lots of times I go away and don't come back. Figure the more you sit through the more you will get. Go look at some kitten pics you'll forget what you wanted to watch and your life will carry on just as well.

Youtube has adds? :D

Seriously install the Add Block Plus plug in in your browser. Thank me later.

I have adblock. It's the on-screen blurbs that still show and have to be xed out that are a pain.

I have adblock. It's the on-screen blurbs that still show and have to be xed out that are a pain.

I also suggest NoScript as a Mozilla add-on. Let's you decide on each page whose scripts you run. For example, I can let pilotsofamerica.com run scripts on the page I'm on writing this, but disallow the google-analytics.com scripts.

Unfortunately, that won't stop imbedded video ads either.

Jim

Back