Current again, or so the logbook says.....

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Completed my IPC today. Got the sign-off in my logbook to prove it. Felt good about the ride for the first couple hours, but now…..not so impressed.

I prepped really big time since I have little actual experience, and haven’t flown a lot in the last few months. The first 3 approaches, which included using every gadget in my plane to partial panel VOR with a hold, went really well. There were of course “pointers” along the way, but I expect that. Then the plan changes……..

The change did include an approach I’d prepped for (just out of order), but then followed by one I hadn’t. Survived the first one with only a couple of goofs in the beginning, but the next one……YIKES!! Since FlyI went out of business, Potomac ATC has some time on their hands to play with me (used to only get a growl to remain clear of Bravo when entering the ADIZ). And then I had the CFII yammering in my ear. Forgot rule No. 1 after fly the airplane……..tell the CFII to shut his trap! I was hand flying the plane, no gps, getting vectors, briefing the approach, trying to set up the navs (seriously behind the airplane), and I lost situational awareness. L Blew right thru the localizer. ATC offered new vectors….I accepted with tail tucked. Pulled it together then and made a half-ass respectable approach. Oh yeah, and did I tell you I was being tossed all over while hanging out over the little ridges around JYO. Had power pulled back, a dirty airplane, nose pointed down, and I’m climbing.

Yep, learned lots of lessons today……some new, some old…….but the logbook says I'm legal.......egads!!!!!!

Congratulations Kaye.

Did this include a partial panel NDB approach?:hairraise:

NC Pilot said:
Did this include a partial panel NDB approach?:hairraise:

No, the NDB is OTS, thank GAWD!!!!!

Plus, my airplane doesn't have one of them antiquated devices :D

Kaye,

Sounds like you had a real work out today..

Funny that you wrote this..

"Oh yeah, and did I tell you I was being tossed all over while hanging out over the little ridges around JYO. Had power pulled back, a dirty airplane, nose pointed down, and I’m climbing. "

I also did my IPC today and experienced the same thing. There was all sorts of lift today and I had the nose pointed down many times and was still climbing. This was on Long Island which is very flat.

J.

Back