Current Again and Fireworks

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Current again as in night current.

This 4th of July after spending all day straightening up the house to get ready for a lot of guests this weekend I decided to do something I have not done in a few years. See the fireworks form the plane.

Gorgeous day here in the Chicago area today! Tonight as the sun was starting to set the temps were around 70, clear skies, low humidity and no wind whatsoever.

Did what I needed to do to get current and then my pax and I loaded up and head up to see fireworks. I ended up just flying around the Lake Geneva area as we could see three real good shows happening right there. I was up higher than normal so as to not scare local law enforcement that Al Queda was planning an attack or anything.

At 3500'MSL I could see all kinds of fireworks up to Milwaukee and down towards Chicago. I only saw one other plane up in the sky and heard very little on the radios.

So much fun watching the fireworks and not having to deal with traffic, people, and mosquitoes!

cool scott.

the fireworks here in Ames were amazing, every year is better!

Current again as in night current.

This 4th of July after spending all day straightening up the house to get ready for a lot of guests this weekend I decided to do something I have not done in a few years. See the fireworks form the plane.

Gorgeous day here in the Chicago area today! Tonight as the sun was starting to set the temps were around 70, clear skies, low humidity and no wind whatsoever.

Did what I needed to do to get current and then my pax and I loaded up and head up to see fireworks. I ended up just flying around the Lake Geneva area as we could see three real good shows happening right there. I was up higher than normal so as to not scare local law enforcement that Al Queda was planning an attack or anything.

At 3500'MSL I could see all kinds of fireworks up to Milwaukee and down towards Chicago. I only saw one other plane up in the sky and heard very little on the radios.

So much fun watching the fireworks and not having to deal with traffic, people, and mosquitoes!

Inspirational idea, Scott! I might do that next year.

I flew with my daughter up to KOSH today to get a little XC in. Late afternoon was still relatively smooth, with light winds. It was exciting to see OSH all spiffy, with hardly any tire marks on the newly opened 9/27, the colored dots painted on the runways, ready for the madness coming in a couple of weeks.

Was sitting on my dock watching the fireworks, saw 2 planes fly over. While swatting mosquitos I was wishing I was up there flying. I'm gonna try to do that next year.

Back