Cullman Alabama 3A1 on field restaurant

pbramlett

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
PGB
Flew to Cullman this morning for breakfast, a whopping 10 miles from my home base. The restaurant is now under new ownership and has reopened as "The Windsock Cafe" open Thursday - Sunday from 0800-1400. Breakfast and lunch are served.

www.windsockcafe.com

Its a greasy spoon type diner but I enjoyed it. Its above the FBO and has good visibility to the runway to watch takeoffs and landings and also the skydiving operation.

I hope they make it and do well.

Let me know when you go. I'll try to meet you there.

67 nm for me! I'm all over this trip! Maybe even this week...hmm...

Patrick, where are you at? I'm in Winchester, TN. Fly-in pancake breakfast this weekend! Come on up!!

Last edited:
67 nm for me! I'm all over this trip! Maybe even this week...hmm...

Patrick, where are you at? I'm in Winchester, TN. Fly-in pancake breakfast this weekend! Come on up!!

I'm based at DCU Decatur. I've not flown into Winchester before, but go to KUOS Sewanne quite a bit.

Well feel free to stop on in if you're ever in the area! We have plenty of courtesy cars here and usually one of the cheapest gas prices around. The pancake breakfast is the first Saturday of every month, and is usually busy...always a good excuse to get the plane out! What takes you to UOS? Just the challenge of landing there? lol

I think I am going to try and load up a couple of guys and hit Cullman up either this week or next, depending on what my schedule ends up looking like.

Well feel free to stop on in if you're ever in the area! We have plenty of courtesy cars here and usually one of the cheapest gas prices around. The pancake breakfast is the first Saturday of every month, and is usually busy...always a good excuse to get the plane out! What takes you to UOS? Just the challenge of landing there? lol

I think I am going to try and load up a couple of guys and hit Cullman up either this week or next, depending on what my schedule ends up looking like.

I like the airport at UOS. Its a nice hop from Decatur for dinner and the courtesy car is always there. There is a nice pizza place in town. I sometimes fly there after work just to clear my mind. Its no party college town that is for sure but it is a pretty area of Tennessee.

Ah yes...I love going the The Crust as well...great pie! I do understand though...it is very pretty in this entire area and I love my early evening flights as well. Again, you're always welcome here as well!

Heading to Cullman tomorrow morning for Breakfast around 0800 if anyone is going to be in the area. Be on the lookout for N12573 C172M ;)

Back