Cubital Tunnel Syndrome - Flight Issues?

U

UlnarSqueeze

Hello All,

In February 2020, during a normal day, I began exhibiting symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome (pinched funny bone nerve). Due to COVID-19, it was May 2020 before I finally got in for surgery.

Post surgery, my actual surgical work healed up fine, but I've been left with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). Half of my hand bothers me a bit and I have limited lateral movement of my pinky and ring finger. The surgeon said it could take up to 18 months to be back to normal.

I was prescribed several meds (Tylenol 3, Tramadol, Lyrica, and some short-term steroid pack). Due to my job requiring cognitive excellence and regular drug testing, I do not take these meds. I discussed it with my surgeon and was told that I could just try to deal with the pain and contact them if anything changed and they would re-prescribe medication.

My grip strength is reduced, but still plenty strong to do most tasks other than extreme dexterity tasks where all of my fingers are needed for precision.

Am I disqualified from flying due to this?

Hello All,

In February 2020, during a normal day, I began exhibiting symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome (pinched funny bone nerve). Due to COVID-19, it was May 2020 before I finally got in for surgery.

Post surgery, my actual surgical work healed up fine, but I've been left with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS). Half of my hand bothers me a bit and I have limited lateral movement of my pinky and ring finger. The surgeon said it could take up to 18 months to be back to normal.

I was prescribed several meds (Tylenol 3, Tramadol, Lyrica, and some short-term steroid pack). Due to my job requiring cognitive excellence and regular drug testing, I do not take these meds. I discussed it with my surgeon and was told that I could just try to deal with the pain and contact them if anything changed and they would re-prescribe medication.

My grip strength is reduced, but still plenty strong to do most tasks other than extreme dexterity tasks where all of my fingers are needed for precision.

Am I disqualified from flying due to this?
The condition is not DQ-ing, but any medical treatment is. Be Certain it is entered in your medical record that the Tx has been cancelled and if possible, return the meds for destruction so that it is clear that you never took any.

Have them note the pill COUNT of each that you returned so that it's plain that you never took any.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back