Crossing the Bridge

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Road to Georgetown, Reid State Park, and Five Islands.

Kennebec River at right(out of picture); Sasanoa River pictured here. “Hell’s Gate” may not be pictured here, but it may be that narrow channel at upper left. “Word” is that, when taking a boat through it, better be at ½ to ¾ tide because at tide change it’s wild and dangerous(been there-done that). The large tour boats out of Boothbay Harbor come up through there, en route to “show” Bath Iron Works to the passengers. ½ of the Dairy Queen parking lot can be seen at lower left corner. At this point, Wiscasset Airport was minutes away(September 12, 2012). You Maine and NH flyers will instantly recognize the scene(if you've headed to or out of Wiscasset). Photo from 09/12/2012.

HR

Attachments

• Woolwich to Arrowsic.jpg
    Woolwich to Arrowsic.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 16
That DQ has been there since I was a kid. My parents had friends that had a house/camp just down past the bridge, turn left and come back towards the bridge.

The DQ was a standard stop coming back from Reid State Park late in the afternoon.

The narrows just north of the Bath Bridge coming out of Merry Meeting Bay can be fun with the tide going out.

That DQ has been there since I was a kid. My parents had friends that had a house/camp just down past the bridge, turn left and come back towards the bridge.

The DQ was a standard stop coming back from Reid State Park late in the afternoon.

The narrows just north of the Bath Bridge coming out of Merry Meeting Bay can be fun with the tide going out.

I had an aerial photo of the two big bridges on display at Mcdonald's(Bath).
A staffer at Kent State U. saw it, sent me an email and wanted to buy a 16 x 20(and did). It seems she grew up in Georgetown and was having a cottage built in Arrowsic. "Go across the bridge onto Arrowsic, take the first left and double back to the waterfront, and that's where we're building. I want to hang the enlargement on the wall at the new cottage."

Sound like the same location, Bill?

About the narrows north of Bath, it could be a wild "sail" if on-the-wind and coupled with the outbound tide.

HR

That does sound like the same location. I was down on that waterfront in the very early 70s.

Back