Cross referance OEM part numbers

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Hi, wondering if anyone has the same problem cross referencing OEM part numbers with NAS, MS, numbers. Specifically O-rings, nuts, bolts, screws and rivet sizes. Sure I call up a Beechcraft dealer ask them for the size of an O-ring and they may or may not provide me with the information. I would be nice to find a reference that says Beech 106-1234 is a MS- 2546 -224 O-ring. I find it frustrating when I need a part and have no way locally to purchase without a cross reference.

I just went through that exercise with o rings in a brake system. Could not find a handy-dandy chart or any such thing, but I did have luck searching "Part number + forum" where I found some other cheapskate that had done the legwork for me. :)

Most aircraft illustrated parts breakdown (IPB ) manuals have both the manufacturer's p/n and the AN/MS/etc p/n. Is that not true of the Beech IPB's? I've also found that googling the mfr's p/n often gets you what you want.

I did not think to google, just figured I would get that the Beech part. I will try.....
Thanks

often times, if its a beech part, when you type it into RAPID it comes up with a superseeded part number that is the industry-standard number

failing that, hit Mike Caban's web site. Odds are whatever you're looking for is there somewhere

Back