Cross country route

How'd that go down with the chocolate/banana smoothie? That oughta clean ya out fer sur!

She threw it out.....:(

But it was a sight..!!! When the blades contacted the spoon, banana and ice went all over the counter area and the wall. Had to move the stove to clean up behind it. She did good.

I did warn her plenty of times to NOT use a metal spoon.... I think she might have figured out why...:lol::lol::lol:

Hi everybody, I’m new here and I’m hoping for some help on planning a cross country trip. By cross county I’m mean all the way across the country.

I’m “thinking” about buying a plane in Sacramento and flying it back to the Atlanta area but I don’t know the best route for leaving California. Can anyone familiar with the area give me a hand?

I’m also trying to load this route into ForeFlight to try and get an idea what the fuel costs would be. I haven’t flown GA in quite a while so I’m having to relearn all this. Help a stupid airline pilot out, thanks.

Todd

My advice for the route that would require the least challenging altitudes would be to fly South by SouthEast through the CA Central Valley (CA Hwy 99 or I-5) and cross the Sierras at Tehachapi pass (Left at Bakersfield, to Lancaster). The Bakersfield and Isabella MOA's will be your only concern here so, if you cross into them abide by their altitude restrictions.

Then right at Apple Valley and SE to pick up I-10 around Blythe. Just keep following I-10. You'll go through Phoenix (if you want to avoid Phoenix's class Bravo you can cut the corner on V461 from the Buckeye VOR to Gila Bend then down V66 to Tucson or Ryan Field). You'll cross the Southern Rockies on I-10 via Lordsburg NM. From EL Paso TX onward you can basically use fairly direct routes to Atlanta.

KSAC HYP KVIS L45 KWJF KAPV L22 KBLH BXK E63 KRYN E95 SSO DMN WHOLE [Make sure you check for any restricted areas (temporary or otherwise) along any route you might take]

Given that it's Monsoon season here in the S. West expect thunderstorm development from Blythe all the way to SW Texas, especially in the afternoons. So watch your weather briefings and try to fly your legs early.

Last edited:
She threw it out.....:(

But it was a sight..!!! When the blades contacted the spoon, banana and ice went all over the counter area and the wall. Had to move the stove to clean up behind it. She did good.

I did warn her plenty of times to NOT use a metal spoon.... I think she might have figured out why...:lol::lol::lol:

I finally figured you out Zeldman. I think you set her up to do these stunts for your personal enjoyment, and ours! You're a bad boy! She's gonna figure it all out one day and lay a skillet across the side of yo head. :rofl:

Back