Croatian Airlines (Q for all the world travelers)

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Hey

Does anyone know of the safety record of Croatian Airlines? They are a Star Alliance member - does that mean anything?

thanks...

Hey

Does anyone know of the safety record of Croatian Airlines? They are a Star Alliance member - does that mean anything?

thanks...

Well, it means if I flew them the miles would go on my United account. Otherwise, don't know a thing about them.

I take it you're thinking about using them...

Yes, considering a trip to Croatia with friends. Trying to sort out how to get there by plane (once we get to Europe) versus flying to Venice and taking a ferry over (which would be fun, just extra time and unfortunately I'm running down on vacation days...)

to avoid the outcry - YES I AM GOING TO FINISH MY BLOODY PPL ALREADY. :D

They meet the European requirements for safety.

Stay away from African (except South African Airlines) and most Latin American carriers as well as anything that has the word 'China' in it.

What's a PPL?

I think the rest of us have certificates :D :yes:

From AOPA
There are two primary certificates, commonly called licenses, that you can earn in order to enjoy the privileges, challenges, and beauty of flying.
There you have it, AOPA says they are licenses and we know they are infallible, just ask 'em ;);)

Hey

thanks...
I have flown on Croatian Air twice. Once on a Regional Jet Paris to Zagreb, and second time on the same leg/equipment connecting to a DASH-8 for the hop down to Split. the -8 was less than one month old. (Both flights were round-trip).

I didn't see anything that hinted of a shoddy operation. Go and enjoy!

ps: Where are you going? My wife is a Croat and we would be glad to give you any hints and tips that might be useful.

-Skip

Last edited:
Back