CRM University Research Study

TabithaBlack2016

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TabithaBlack2016
My name is Tabitha Black (principal investigator; trahder@eagles.ewu.edu), I am a student at Eastern Washington University (and commercial pilot) conducting research on the current state of training and application of Crew Resource Management (CRM) programs within the commercial flight environments operating under FAA 91, 121 and 135 operations. The focus of the study is to evaluate the efficacy of the mandated curriculum outlined in FARs and the generalized pilot opinion of the training. Obtaining data from trained commercial pilots is particularly difficult considering the population of pilots is limited. The source of a safer cockpit lies in the research data that you can provide. I invite you to participate in this completely anonymous research project. Human factor related issues are the leading cause of incidents and accidents in aviation, it is in this fact that we seek out what change can be made to create a cockpit environment that will reduce this factor. Your help is greatly appreciated.

The initial part of the survey is an attempt to identify personality types and may seem dry, but rest assured the last half of the questionnaire will peak your interest and address questions that we've all been milling about in the cockpit for some time. If you enjoy the study please share with other pilots!!

https://qtrial2015q4az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe6/preview/SV_9zrGMmfd6x27rSt

Name of Publication(s) where results are expected to be published: Unknown as of yet
Date survey results will be made available: Sept 2016
How results will be shared with the Pilots of America community: by request via email
Date data collection ends: March 1 2016

I noticed that my statistics of responses increased after posting on this forum last night. Thank you so much for your input everyone, its so very helpful!

Survey closes on 2/6, get your responses in if you can! :)

Back