Cri-cri jet!

That's COOL!!! And it would fit in my shop...and my wife wouldn't notice what it was! :D

Not much room for luggage ;)

Wonder what the panel looks like.

the thing that really scares me about it is the lack of a roll cage. Get it upside down and it looks to me like you are a pancake-head.

Well, it's not quite as bad as "flying lawn furniture"..... but close!

I could never fit into it. I don't fit well into Mooneys, I KNOW this is tighter....

Steve said:
A few years back a fellow use to fly his twin Cri-Cri to Sun 'n Fun and park it in the homebuilt display area. Used a dog leash clipped to the nose gear to pull it around.

Now that's a picture I'd like to see (the dog pulling the plane).

I suppose "propping" the Cri-Cri jet would be difficult. I noticed in one of the pictures that there's an electrical cord plugged into the nose which I assume is for starting. Seems like you'd have a problem if you landed somewhere besides the home base.

Its almost 10 years old.

Yep you can tell by the hair cut on the young Henning here about to take it on it's maiden flight

cri_cri_5_gallery.jpg

cri_cri_8_gallery.jpg

cri_cri_10_gallery.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how would one become rated to legally fly that thing? Or is is just part 103, anything goes? Does 91.13 apply to part 103?

Have seen the video before,however the link is not working for me either.

Jet engined Cri Cri is a waste those motors could be on a wingsuit or a bicycle...

Jet engined Cri Cri is a waste those motors could be on a wingsuit or a bicycle...

The dude with the backpack wing that did the English Channel, didn't he have six of those engines, then had to be dropped out of an aircraft to launch and recover on a parachute? CriCri seems more practical.

The dude with the backpack wing that did the English Channel, didn't he have six of those engines, then had to be dropped out of an aircraft to launch and recover on a parachute? CriCri seems more practical.
There have been several jet assist wingsuit flyingthingies all aircraft launched and parachute landed, so yeah not an independent recreational avenue. Seriously if I had to pick a small jet it would be a self launching sailplane, some slick jet ones are being built.

There have been several jet assist wingsuit flyingthingies all aircraft launched and parachute landed, so yeah not an independent recreational avenue. Seriously if I had to pick a small jet it would be a self launching sailplane, some slick jet ones are being built.

That is where I would be looking as well, turbine augmented glider.

Back