Cri-Cri and multi engine rating

Looks disgusting and too light for my taste .

But yeah...ME

Again, read the rules. There is an obvious rule in Pt 61 that refers to not needing it since it is a single seat seat experimental. There is another paper I came across while pursuing through the Internet on logging where the gist was due to the geometry and the planes inability to achieve a Vmc type loss due to the lack of leverage of the prop that only CL thrust time could be logged so I guess that's still ME but CL from that paper. That was before the most recent changes they did with regards to CL thrust time, but I haven't paid much attention to what happened there since It doesn't effect me as I have no CLT/ME time logged except a few trips working to evaluate an O2 as a camera ship. In the end I thought it too noisey for my tastes (Pre ANR and Clarity Aloft. Best upgrade for sound and comfort was a set of gel cup seals and a lambs wool band pad.) and kept looking. I almost bought my bosses 310 B in Yellow and Black but ended up with my turbo kitted Travelair which was probably the best plane I could have bought all around.

Back when I was more heavily researching airship design I became acquainted with Dan Nachbar who had designed and was building a Personal Blimp (the video really shows the beauty of genuine low-and-slow sight seeing with a relatively quiet airship.) According to this story and this story, he and his partner did eventually get the exemption they sought to carry passengers in their experimental airship without an airship rating.

Build your airship, I'll teach you to fly it. I think the biggest obstacle is finding someone to give you the checkride.

Build your airship, I'll teach you to fly it. I think the biggest obstacle is finding someone to give you the checkride.

Thanks - if I do build one it will likely be a couple years before I would be able to take you up on that offer.

Back