Credit Card Rewards Programs

As the banks are consolidating they are catching wind of this and starting to put a stop to that practice as many individuals have figured out the sign up bonus scheme thanks to the interwebs.
I've played the game heavily. Been lax this lady half year.

Done multiple 2 person biz international awards with maxed routing including stop overs plus open jaws etc. I wouldn't call them free, there was a little cost to everything, but I still made out significantly ahead.

All the churning actually increased my credit score by lowering my utilization %.

I also pay everything off every month. It's too bad my stores near me have tightened up on all the easy ways I used to funnel money through my cards, I just haven't put much effort in the checking out the new ways.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I guess its all a game at some point. My current 'game' is to try to get my credit score to read 'indeterminate' (or zero). Since ive paid off the truck, Im debt free again and I'll see what happens to the credit score over the next 6 months. All open CC accounts were closed a couple years ago. Supposedly it goes to 'indeterminate' at some point.

I guess its all a game at some point. My current 'game' is to try to get my credit score to read 'indeterminate' (or zero). Since ive paid off the truck, Im debt free again and I'll see what happens to the credit score over the next 6 months. All open CC accounts were closed a couple years ago. Supposedly it goes to 'indeterminate' at some point.

That's kinda cool. Let us know how it goes.

If you travel (mostly commercially), AMEX platinum is hard to beat. Lots of free stuff like lounge passes, preferred status with car rentals and hotels, cash back, concierge ect,. $400 a year though. I utilize $400 worth of their perks, but it's hard to say if I'm getting my money's worth.

I primarily use a JPMorgan Palladium card because they seem to be the only card out there that recognizes GA travel and not just airlines as travel. You get 3% cash back on all travel which includes FBO fuel purchases, etc... and their concierge service has deals with fractional/card programs like Netjets as well as limited FBO benefits (ramp fees waved at some FBOs, etc...)

The rest of the concierge benefits are on par with Amex Platinum and the humans you talk to when you call are real Americans in a call center about 10 miles from my office here in Ohio.

It's also a no limit card (up to the value of the assets you have under management at JPMC)

They need a Neodymium Card. It flies out of your wallet and sticks to ferrous metal objects and can't be removed easily. ;)

Back