creative ideas for cockpit lighting?

So? Do they have some duty to?
This Henning...
This is what I am talking about.
It is an excellent example of you not adding to the conversation and raising the tension in the thread.

Nice article, but I tuned out at the first "12 volts max". Any advice for those of us with 28 volt systems?
I was giving feedback on the article. The article did not address 24/28 volt systems at all. I knew that 12 volt leds existed before reading his article. The article did a good job of explaining a great product for use in 12 volt systems. It added to the conversation. I was hoping that he knew about some specific product that could be used in a 24/28 volt system. I was really hoping that the product he described in his article also just happened work with 24/28 volt systems, but that he neglected to mention it in the article.

I knew that 12 volt leds existed before reading his article.

Just a picky point of personal privilege ... 12 volt LEDs do NOT exist. 1.2-2.5 volt LEDs do exist and only work on 12 volts due to a current limiting resistor. Incandescent bulbs are rated for voltage. LEDs are rated for current and either a constant current power supply OR current limiting resistor need to be used to supply them a constant current from a fixed voltage source.

Thanks,

Jim

Just a picky point of personal privilege ... 12 volt LEDs do NOT exist. 1.2-2.5 volt LEDs do exist and only work on 12 volts due to a current limiting resistor. Incandescent bulbs are rated for voltage. LEDs are rated for current and either a constant current power supply OR current limiting resistor need to be used to supply them a constant current from a fixed voltage source.

Thanks,

Jim

It's been a long time since I was down in the circuit design stuff. "Current limiting resistor" made me flash back! So I guess I should go back and change the post from "12 volt LEDs" to "LED products designed to work in a 12 volt system".

yes sir, here is the advice. I write for the folks who have little extra money to spend, and so far as I am aware, all of them are using 12 volt systems . Nobody in my crowd uses 24 volts.

Now there are lots of inexpensive and very expensive ways of converting 12 volts designs to 24 volt designs. Those of you who have more money than good sense can go get an electronics engineer to convert my designs for $$ if you wish.

Best wishes...

Jim
Could the 24 volt folks not simply apply Ohms Law, and install a resistor in the feed line?

Back