Crash, crash, crash!!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Holy cos, one would think the roads of Belgium were paved with oil after today's Le Grande Tour stage!!

Will be happy to see them in mountains so soon after starting. When they have a week of basically sprint/flat stages at the beginning that get very boring because you know none of those guys will be a podium finisher.

I saw the highlights of the time trials last night before I went to bed, didn't see anything yet today. How is La Lance? I think he was third in the time trials?

Yay steroids!
I don't know why you say that, Nick. Lance has never been accused of using steroids. He has been accused of blood doping and of using erythrpoietin, also known as EPO. At one time in his career he was the most drug tested athlete in the world. Of course, you probably know more about it than I do.

I don't know why you say that, Nick. Lance has never been accused of using steroids. He has been accused of blood doping and of using erythrpoietin, also known as EPO. At one time in his career he was the most drug tested athlete in the world. Of course, you probably know more about it than I do.

I don't actually. When I wrestled professionally, I had never heard of blood doping. That's a fairly new thing I think.

But I knew a lot about steroids, and the dangers of "cheating." I assumed that Armstrong was using roids, not blood doping. Apparently I know not of what I speak.

Sixteenth stage, and Lance was with a breakaway that stayed out front the rest of the stage. He tried to out sprint everyone in the final seconds, but didn't have the legs. They did an interview with him after, and the interviewer asked him if he felt like he was finally coming back, or something to that effect. Lance said that he felt like he was done in five days.

I'm not sure that Lance ever thought that he was going to win this year's tour. I think that he went out there to ride the Tour de France one more time, not win the Tour de France one more time. I think that he likes riding it. I just think that he never thought that he would ride so poorly, although I thought he looked good today.

Just an FYI Lance did use EPO. He admitted it and it is well documented. It was part of his treatment for cancer. When he retured to professional racing he no longer was using it. Many of his competitors and critics complain that the legitimate use of EPO created his amazing ability and thus he should be prohibited from competition. But IMHO that is just sour grapes.

But you're right, he is the most tested athlete in the world and nothing has shown up.

As for steriods and other blood doping. I really could care less. I say let the athletes build themselves into superman. I get to see a better show. Afterall, this is all about entertainment. We have no issues when other entertainers do things to their bodies for our enjoyment. No one really is testing starlets to see if their boobs are real, their faces not lifted and that they have no botox under their skin. Why should we care if these athletic entertainers also use medicine to enhance our enjoyment of their art?

Blood doping has been around for decades.

Lance is superhuman. Even allowing for the possibility that he did drugs, he is superhuman. Plenty of other dudes have been PROVEN to have done drugs and couldn't hang on his rear wheel.

I like the kinder, gentler, "This is it" Lance. He proved that he could come back and compete in perhaps the toughest endurance event in the world. There are a lot of young'uns behind him in the pack. Waaaaaaay behind.

Personally? I think he's clean. He's been tested way too many times. I don't think Chris Carmichael would associate with him if he were drugging, because Chris has too much to lose. Might he have experimented early in his career? Yeah. Not now though. No way. He is just a freak of nature, perfectly designed for endurance bicycle races. Mentally and physically.

Lance is superhuman. Even allowing for the possibility that he did drugs, he is superhuman. Plenty of other dudes have been PROVEN to have done drugs and couldn't hang on his rear wheel.

I like the kinder, gentler, "This is it" Lance. He proved that he could come back and compete in perhaps the toughest endurance event in the world. There are a lot of young'uns behind him in the pack. Waaaaaaay behind.

Personally? I think he's clean. He's been tested way too many times. I don't think Chris Carmichael would associate with him if he were drugging, because Chris has too much to lose. Might he have experimented early in his career? Yeah. Not now though. No way. He is just a freak of nature, perfectly designed for endurance bicycle races. Mentally and physically.

Lance has too much to lose as well. He knows that they are going to test him every chance they get.

Lance has too much to lose as well. He knows that they are going to test him every chance they get.

No kidding. Unless he has some super duper not-even-the-East-Germans-could-dream-this-****-up drug going, he is clean. He can't even sneeze without someone taking a sample. No, he is clean. And I am in awe of his ability.

Back