CPAP question

A

Accident prone

What do people with sleep apnea do if they have to check in a hospital for a night or longer when they rely on a CPAP machine? I broke my foot (5th metatarsal) and will need surgery and probably have to spend at least one night in the hospital. Do I take my cpap with me?

My M-I-L had to be hospitalized several times in the last couple of years of her life. Each time, we were asked to bring her CPAP. They will provide one if yours isn't available for some reason. But, I suspect they'll ask you to bring your CPAP and mask from home.

I can't imagine why fixing a 5th metatarsal fracture would require a night in the hospital. But take your CPAP with you. They might even use it in the recovery room.

I have been hospitalized twice since getting a CPAP and took my son in for tonsils...

I took my machine with me each time...zero hassle...

Communicate, navigate and aviate...so to speak...

My brother in law in a car accident T-bone red light runner hit him driver side required few days in ICU without the CPAP they kept 100% oxygen with a mask on him adjusted the bed up some I guess enough keep his oxygen level at 98%. My father in law he could never get used to using a CPAP so doctor has him on oxygen at night seemed to work for him.

My brother in law in a car accident T-bone red light runner hit him driver side required few days in ICU without the CPAP they kept 100% oxygen with a mask on him adjusted the bed up some I guess enough keep his oxygen level at 98%. My father in law he could never get used to using a CPAP so doctor has him on oxygen at night seemed to work for him.
With obstructive sleep apnea, it’s not the percentage of oxygen, it’s the collapse of the airway. The positive pressure of the of the CPAP works like one of those inflatable roadside advertising tube men in front of furniture stores. 100% O2 therapy is ineffective if the airway is obstructed.

With obstructive sleep apnea, it’s not the percentage of oxygen, it’s the collapse of the airway. The positive pressure of the of the CPAP works like one of those inflatable roadside advertising tube men in front of furniture stores. 100% O2 therapy is ineffective if the airway is obstructed.

I understand how CPAP works I have one I have bad case of OSA I think my brother in law that was the least of his problems all I know they didn't use it when he was in the hospital it depended on how often his airway was obstructed. I don't know how bad his Sleep apnea was my father in law he said they had him do some home studies with oxygen I guess it worked for him. I know lot of people who were prescribed cpap never use it. Selling CPAP machines is big business wonder how many actually have sleep apnea. When I did my sleep study I think I slept 10 minutes at most hooked up to all those machines.

When I had a colonoscopy they didn't ask me to bring it I was sleeping I don't think they used a intubation tube.

kell, you have to figure out whether you are going to provide what the agency needs or if you are going to stand outside saying "why isn't 2012 good enough".

kell, you have to figure out whether you are going to provide what the agency needs or if you are going to stand outside saying "why isn't 2012 good enough".

I think you meant to reply to the other thread? I understood what you mean.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back