Cowbell?

Laurie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Penguin
I need a little help and since y'all know everything about everything I thought you could help me out. I also remember Elizabeth had a reference to this phrase in her signature a while back.

What is this 'I need more cowbell' phrase about? I've been faithfully attending the Panthers hockey games this season and everyone has a cowbell and rings it furiously when things are going well, when they aren't, and just when they feel like it. At the period breaks they play a scene from ? and the line 'I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell' to which anyone with a cowbell goes absolutely insane.

When I lived in Montana and attended the Billings Bulls games, well, the cowbells made sense. Bulls/cowbells. It fits. Florida Panthers and cowbells, huh?

So what in the world does that have to do with hockey, Florida Panthers, or anything? Am I completely missing something?

Ok, so now I know where it comes from, thanks for the links.

But what in the world does that have to do with hockey?

Maybe I need to just suck it up and ask someone next week at the game....

I GOT A FEVER!!!!
cowbell-hero.jpg

"Influence The influence of the cultural phenomenon created by the sketch is widespread. It has been adopted by sports teams to promote supporter-involvement in matches,[4] and it has appeared in movies,[5] video games,[6] an iPhone application,[7] and television."

Ringing cowbells has been a staple at alpine ski racing events for as far back as I can remember. Maybe that's found it's way into hockey matches as well.

Back