Covid experience...

COVID: Have or had it? Know someone?

• I have it. (Tested)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I had it. (Tested)

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nuclear family member has/had it (Tested)

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Friend(s)/extended family member(s) have/had

Votes: 79 73.1%
  • I heard rumors about somebody maybe..

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just learned today that my 88-year-old MIL tested positive two weeks ago but has been almost completely asymptomatic since. Another test today confirmed that she had it. She has asthma, a defibrillator, and is quite frail, but she didn't even know she had it (she still doesn't - my in-laws won't tell her). Just goes to show how little they know about this disease and how it affects different people.

On Thursday we will have a funeral for a local career firefighter/EMT. He was 42 when this thing got him :(.

Just learned today that my 88-year-old MIL tested positive two weeks ago but has been almost completely asymptomatic since. Another test today confirmed that she had it. She has asthma, a defibrillator, and is quite frail, but she didn't even know she had it (she still doesn't - my in-laws won't tell her). Just goes to show how little they know about this disease and how it affects different people.

Based on some of the data regarding those who have had previous immunity to relatively harmless common Coronaviruses, it sounds like maybe she's one of those folks who is able to piggy back. Thankfully.

We lost another family friend last week. He was the patriarch of a family that my wife and her brother were good childhood friends with, and he and his wife were at our wedding. At least four members of the family were sick with Covid at the same time, and they all were recovering, until he quickly took a turn for the worse and died.

Had an employee show up for work last Monday after having family over for Christmas. Another employee was exposed so he stayed home. Employee 1 was bragging how he was around people with mono, but still came in to work. I was out of office. He's working very close to another guy all day. Neither wearing masks. At the end of the day he comes up to the other welder and says..."well, my wife just tested positive for covid". WTF! Call him on Tuesday and ask what prompted the wife's test. Hoping for maybe a false positive...she lost her sense of taste! Are you kidding me?! Made him take all Wednesday (he was going to come in) off as he was waiting for test results Tuesday. He came in this Monday, still not aware of the seriousness of the situation. Sent him home for the rest of the week with 2/3 pay. And he's the injured party! The other welder he was around tested negative, but that guys mother is high risk as she just went into remission

Back