Course Line Tape - Flight Accessory?

Airmaster23

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Airmaster
Hi,

A few years ago I came across "Course Line Tape" in the Aircraft Spruce catalog. However, I never ordered it and now I can't find anyone who carries it.

I've attached a pdf of the catalog page. I'm not sure how hold this is. It could be as old as 2006. The item in question is in the red box on the left.

It has a p/n of 13-30114.

I've come across highlighter tape (I even have some), but I'm looking for course line tape. I figure it's a great way to mark out xc routes on the map and not have to erase later - just pull the tape off.

Please let me know where I can buy this product.

Thanks.

Attachments

• course line tape.pdf
    404.3 KB · Views: 30
I use a pink highlighter... But now everything showing on my iPad screen has this pink tinge

Sportys has been offering it form years.doesn't work too well on Foreflight on the IPad ,damn map keeps moving.

I draw lines on my sectionals with a pencil, making sure that they connect right (e.g., from Cinci to Charlotte, often both sides of both), then highlight the line. New paper comes out every 6 months, you will rarely clutter up the sectional too much. Maybe buy a set of 3-4 colored highlighters, and rotate between them? Works for me.

Short flights, 30-60 miles, I don't bother with the line anymore. A $4 highlighter set will last much longer than the tape (a year or two easily).

I used to use a page protector, painters tape to keep the chart in place inside the page protector, and a wet-erase marker.

Now, getting the iPad inside the page protector is hard.

All these years of using a Sharpie on a sectional...
Who woulda knew I've been doing it wrong?

I tried that tape stuff as a student.

It came off all right. Every time you refolded the chart.

And the yellow and green colors are next to invisible.

Just use a pencil.

If you really need yo highlight your track, Marv Golden has erasable highlighters. Works MUCH better than the silly tape.

If you really need yo highlight your track, Marv Golden has erasable highlighters. Works MUCH better than the silly tape.

And of course these are these fancy wooden sticks with graphite cores. Sometimes they even come with odd rubber things on the end.

Sometimes I like to highlight paper sectionals as well. I don't like the 1/2" widths of the commonly-offered tape, though.

Some years ago I found a source for 1/4" wide highlight tape in dispensers and bought a bunch. The dispenser slides smoothly along the edge of a ruler, so it is easier to lay out your lines. The "highlight" is a sort of waxy film that is easily removed using a artist/rubber pencil eraser. The film is a little fussy about sticking so you have to be a bit careful.

I found these: http://www.amazon.com/SKILCRAFT-752...1407616754&sr=8-4&keywords=tombow+highlighter which are very similar to what I have.

Last edited:
You guys are weak today. You're supposed to beat the OP mercilessly for at least the first three pages.

Back