Country Booffalo, Beefalo, errr..Bison and such (NA)

MIKE!

Does it have a wide stance? :D

YES! I never knew that cornstalks have feet, but it does. I guess mother nature knew a little sumthin' about putting in foundation support.

Well the fuel prices from Oz to here are probably what is driving that price. not like there are heard of wild Kangaroos roaming the plains of the US ;)

McDonalds used to use it for burgers to save money. Shipping costs arent that high, you can ship 40 tons from Aus for $3500.

McDonalds used to use it for burgers to save money. Shipping costs arent that high, you can ship 40 tons from Aus for $3500.
Yeah, but if you are the captain, how much will actually make it to the destination uneaten?:rofl::dunno:

You still sure about that price? The fuel prices are really killing overseas shipment form what I have heard to the point where some companies are considering moving manufacturing back into the US

Yeah, but when you get a *refrigerated* container, I'm sure the cost goes up significantly. How the heck do they keep those fueled on the ship, anyway? I've seen some that are fully self-contained and some that feed from a fuel tank on the rack, but generally there's only about a four-day supply of fuel even in the self-contained ones. And, they probably don't function well on the sludge that the ships burn.

Yeah, but when you get a *refrigerated* container, I'm sure the cost goes up significantly. How the heck do they keep those fueled on the ship, anyway? I've seen some that are fully self-contained and some that feed from a fuel tank on the rack, but generally there's only about a four-day supply of fuel even in the self-contained ones. And, they probably don't function well on the sludge that the ships burn.
They plug them in once stacked and lashed on the ship (often reefer moduals are "below deck" loads). Most of the intermodal reefer containers are dual power diesel/electric and once onboard are powered by the ships gensets.

I bought more from the few brave vendors in the Farmer's Market in the cold after my breakfast Saturday.

Bison bacon, cheddar summer sausage and what he called flank steak. He said there are only two of those per animal! Oh. And he had a HUGE leg joint that should keep Pancho busy forever!

The steak was pretty good. I'm enjoying the last of the sausage now.

It's Ron Lester from Lester's Bison Farm in Salem, WI:
http://eatbisonmeat.com/webapp/GetPage?pid=59

Last edited:
The buffalo burger at KAPA Colorado Jet Center restaurant will make a normal human fart worse than an entire string of green-grass packmules. I hate to think what it would do to a bulldog.

I bought more from the few brave vendors in the Farmer's Market in the cold after my breakfast Saturday.

Bison bacon, cheddar summer sausage and what he called flank steak. He said there are only two of those per animal! Oh. And he had a HUGE leg joint that should keep Pancho busy forever!

It's Lester from Lester's Bison Farm in Salem, WI:

The buffalo burger at KAPA Colorado Jet Center restaurant will make a normal human fart worse than an entire string of green-grass packmules. I hate to think what it would do to a bulldog.

Not as bad as the White Castle sliders I used to give to Bertha. I would hold it at shoulder height and let go. The burger never hit the ground. One gulp.

The bone I got doesn't have that much meat on it. I need to boil it up. Pancho will like it so much she'll slap her pappy.

The restaurant is called the Perfect Landing. Never had the Buffalo Burger, but everything I had was good. One of the better airport restaurants around, IMHO.

Maybe you should take a few Beanos before indulging. :D

The restaurant is called the Perfect Landing. Never had the Buffalo Burger, but everything I had was good. One of the better airport restaurants around, IMHO.

Maybe you should take a few Beanos before indulging. :D
Must be something specific to that restaurant. I've eaten a boatload of buffalo and have never had any impolite effects as a result.

Never heard (or is that herd) of buffalo meat giving people gas. Is there something else that may be on the burger that would develop that condition?

Must be something specific to that restaurant. I've eaten a boatload of buffalo and have never had any impolite effects as a result.
Might also be something specific to the poster's physiology. I've had the buffalo burger there with no ill effects.

Never heard (or is that herd) of buffalo meat giving people gas. Is there something else that may be on the burger that would develop that condition?

It doesn't for me. It's low fat so would expect...oh. I dunno. I guess I never blame meat. Veggies and beans, and milk. :dunno:

It doesn't for me. It's low fat so would expect...oh. I dunno. I guess I never blame meat. Veggies and beans, and milk. :dunno:
I do tend to have other issues when I eat meat. It makes me feel sick, and there is a...well lets just say a non-gas odor for a normal biological function each morning.

Two guys in a G-V cockpit, both with bovine-level flatulence, isn't a place you want to be. Trust me on this.
Might also be something specific to the poster's physiology. I've had the buffalo burger there with no ill effects.

I just put another half a buffalo in the freezer yesterday, like I've been doing for years. Never had that experience from it, or from the buffalo burger at BJC, either ... onions on my burger however, look out! I love 'em, but they hate me!

I justt don't get that stuff. Ground beef in beef gravy over noodles? :confused::frown2:

It's boiled ground beef (don't brown it first) in thin sauce with cinnamon and allspice over busghetti with shredded cheese, beans and onions. It's good, too.

attachment.php

http://www.cookscountrytv.com/recipes/Overview.asp?docid=8092

Attachments

• document%5Crecipe%5C3695_SFS_FM07_OPN_CincinnattiChili_3_article.jpg
    document%5Crecipe%5C3695_SFS_FM07_OPN_CincinnattiChili_3_article.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 30
Agreed!

Though a favorite Army meal was a concotion called "Chili-Mac" -- elbow macaroni, ground beef, and LOTS of chili powder.

Key words are Chili Powder. That Skyline stuff has nothing in common with anything "Chili".

... Oh. And he had a HUGE leg joint that should keep Pancho busy forever!

It's Ron Lester from Lester's Bison Farm in Salem, WI:

Pancho got her bone today. (I boiled it when it was getting gamey in the fridge and it's been frozen ever since. I put it back in the fridge to thaw a few days ago.)

It's TOO BIG for her! She can't actually fit it in her jaws so she's been sorta push-chewing it around the floor. She's panting for breath most of the time.

At a recent point I wondered where it went. She gave me a blank look. I found it under a chair and gave it back to her.

I think she's a happy bully, though.

Back