Countdown to Gaston's 2K10!

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-

<<<--- CLICK to REGISTER!! :)

Well, I've been looking at some old PoA threads from Gaston's past and have discovered that there is just a little more to do than just pack the bikini, sunscreen, current charts, and HEAVY-duty industrial strength bug spray! (Read the "tick thread" from 2008... *shudder*... but as an old Boy Scout, Christopher was un-fazed. :yikes:) If I have left anything out, please advise, but so far, I am working on the following:

1. Name tags (for us) <<<--- DONE!

2. Window sign (for 34Q, although I have a bright purple and white Archer and do tend to be a bit more memorable in a crowd!) <<<--- DONE!

3. Airplane cookies! (I have an airplane cookie cutter and it's fun to make sugar cookies and decorate them with frosting.)<<<--- Also thinking about having Christopher make his special Chocolate Raspberry cookies... choices, choices!

4. Alcohol (I did read the thread about trying to find beer with an airplane on the label... :skeptical:... Might be tough to find!)

5. Read up on Poker rules (although I will have Christopher with me and he has played before!)

Only three weeks to go! From today!! :D

Last edited:
...I like that whole bikini thing.

You don't want to see me in a swimsuit, though, and you must trust me on this one.

especially a bikini

thanks for the visual spike. i think i'll go throw up now :)

That's OK, Spike... I have an instrument rating and use it. I don't scare all that easily! :)

I'll bring the potato so you can stuff it down in the speedo to impress the girls. I know it didn't work well for you last year, but this year you've got to remember to put it in the front.

Well, hell, if Lynn is bringing a bikini, guess I can pack the Speedo this year. :yikes::eek:

It's gonna take a whole gallon of 'eye bleach' to get rid of those visuals!!

Back to the bikini thing...

Did you ever hear back from Pillsbury or Michelin on the endorsement deal?

...I like that whole bikini thing.

You don't want to see me in a swimsuit, though, and you must trust me on this one.

Hmmm... some of the guys sure did jump on the bikini thing! :skeptical:

Well, we can have a recipe as well as cookie exchange if everyone is willing! :D And Dani, if you have a Lucky Brand jeans place near you... run don't walk over there... they are having a swimwear sale! :yesnod: Couldn't resist! I got this:

http://cache-images.pronto.com/thum...jpg&wmax=225&hmax=300&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF

Waaay cute! :D

ROLMAO You might want to bring some Kent repellant as well as the bug repellant!

Bikini Gastons well that will be a first.:D

If word gets out, it could lead to a last-minute rush of reservations.

ROLMAO You might want to bring some Kent repellant as well as the bug repellant!

Bikini Gastons well that will be a first.:D

Sounds like the competition is getting serious. I may have to get the tailor to let out my thong.

Well, hell, if Lynn is bringing a bikini, guess I can pack the Speedo this year. :yikes::eek:

Do not forget the gold chain too.
fatguy_speedo.jpg

:rofl: Because remember: What happens at Gaston's... will appear on the internet in 5 minutes or less! :rofl:

Back to the cookie thing, (not that I have an antipathy to bikinis in any way) if we do the competition again....... a tip:

Bring them already baked. I doubt Gaston's has replaced all those defective appliances loosely referred to as 'ovens'.

Apparently a setting of "300F" in Arkansas means 500F on the bottom and M100F on top, in their 'ovens'. Makes the chocolate chip cookies sort of a crispy blackened base, with a mushy top. Yum. (Not.)

Back to the cookie thing, (not that I have an antipathy to bikinis in any way) if we do the competition again....... a tip:

Bring them already baked. I doubt Gaston's has replaced all those defective appliances loosely referred to as 'ovens'.

Apparently a setting of "300F" in Arkansas means 500F on the bottom and M100F on top, in their 'ovens'. Makes the chocolate chip cookies sort of a crispy blackened base, with a mushy top. Yum. (Not.)

Is that a result of the oven...or the cook? :eek:

She's been in good hands...in training by other POAers...to prepare her :princess:for Gaston's.

And I am grateful to everyone on this Forum for their help! :D Where else could anyone join a Forum as a total newbie one weekend and end up flying to a fishing resort in Arkansas the next?? :yikes: Trust me, this would never have happened on the POS (Piper Owner Society) Forum. :(

And well, it is Gaston's after all... so it seems only right that it should be as much of a challenge to bake cookies as it is to say that you have flown in safely! :) Although, I will most likely bring my cookies already baked since I didn't get one of the cottages or cabins with a kitchen. :( Next year! :)

Hmmm... some of the guys sure did jump on the bikini thing! :skeptical:

Well, we can have a recipe as well as cookie exchange if everyone is willing! :D And Dani, if you have a Lucky Brand jeans place near you... run don't walk over there... they are having a swimwear sale! :yesnod: Couldn't resist! I got this:

http://cache-images.pronto.com/thum...jpg&wmax=225&hmax=300&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF

Waaay cute! :D

I kinda have a bikini like that. Same blue, but mine has butterflies on it. Denim blue really isn't much my color.

I'm not sure if we have a Lucky Jeans store here or not. How much are they? I'm don't grasp the concept of why bikinis are sooooo freaking expensive!!!! You have to buy the tops and bottoms separate and they run from like $30 - $50 for each!

I kinda have a bikini like that. Same blue, but mine has butterflies on it. Denim blue really isn't much my color.

I'm not sure if we have a Lucky Jeans store here or not. How much are they? I'm don't grasp the concept of why bikinis are sooooo freaking expensive!!!! You have to buy the tops and bottoms separate and they run from like $30 - $50 for each!

Right there with you! :skeptical: I did get it on sale though and it knocked the price down to $70.00. Wooo hooo, right?? I think it's the brand name that you end up paying for a lot of the time. Hollister and Abercrombie are awful like that, too. :eek: Although, Aeropostale usually has some fun stuff that doesn't break the bank, I have found. :) I luv to shop, so it isn't a chore to cruise the mall here looking for just the right thing!

Last edited:
I did get it on sale though and it knocked the price down to $70.00.

Mmmmmmmmmmyeah......I'm not gonna spend $70 on a swim suit, or any other item of clothing! A nice dress or shoes would be the only exception.

im not going to say anything about gastons ovens so the mississippi gang doesn throw me in the river.

ill bake mine at home.

Where bikinis are expensive and Gaston's is expensive and avgas is expensive. Well, we probably could wave the use of bikinis in the pool, couldn't we.

I was among those who were asked to refrain from using the pool last year due to hygiene-related concerns. It was not related to personal cleanliness, but they were concerned that when I got in the water level would rise above the skimmers and restrict circulation through the filters.

Where bikinis are expensive and Gaston's is expensive and avgas is expensive. Well, we probably could wave the use of bikinis in the pool, couldn't we.

Mmmmmmmmmmyeah......I'm not gonna spend $70 on a swim suit, or any other item of clothing! A nice dress or shoes would be the only exception.

Blah... been there done that, too. I got a fabulous pair of Steve Madden black suede ankle-strap pumps once that I really like, but don't think that I will bring those to Gaston's. Even for the fancy Saturday night dinner at the steak place we are going to try, I just might be overdressed! :drink:

It doesn't take much doin' to be overdressed for Gaston's, thank God...

:)

From one who's never been accused of trying. Do you still have that hat, or did somebody's horse eat it?. :rofl:

It doesn't take much doin' to be overdressed for Gaston's, thank God...

:)

A good horse appreciates a good hat every now and then :D

I get'em new regularly.

:redface:

And while my wardrobe may never contain "a fabulous pair of Steve Madden black suede ankle-strap pumps" - I hope... I have been described as "comfortable" :):):)

I hope you don't need last-year's name-tag again. Ever.

A good horse appreciates a good hat every now and then :D

I get'em new regularly.

:redface:

And while my wardrobe may never contain "a fabulous pair of Steve Madden black suede ankle-strap pumps" - I hope... I have been described as "comfortable" :):):)

Thanks, buddy. :yesnod:

I'm better now. :smile::smile::smile:

Wayne, are you going to be at Gaston's this year, more specifically on the Saturday of Gaston's, June 12 more precisely?

Back